Corsair Community

ssd hot swap

icemanjs

i just picked up this case and excited for it..few things to ask...first on the swap drive i want to use my 2 ssd drives and it sawys to use or heard low profile screws..are they in with the screws or can i use double sided tap or something..second my other 2 hard drives are they better down below in the lower chamber or can i use the swap drive area to..if i use both bays should i use a fan on both hard drives?i am going to be using 7 noctua case fans from a older case..so rear is pushing out,top pushing out correct?and finally the heatsink should i have the 2 fans blowing up out of the case or out the back or it a prefernce thing?i have the corsair hx850 should the fan be up or down in the case?

thank u

• Corsair Employee
I do not believe we include low profile screws for mounting SSDs, but most SSDs should come with some. SSDs basically produce no heat at all so unless you plan on swapping them, you should be able to install them in the lower bays without needing to add any fans. Generally you would want to have the rear and top fans exhausting air from the case, but depending on your actual configuration you definitely have some room to play around with fan directions to see what works best for you. The PSU can be mounted either with the fan facing up or down, but in our case I would recommend installing it with the fan facing down because it will give you a little extra length to work with for the fixed PSU cables.

Archived