Corsair Community

RGB out of sync during hardware playback

Ender117

Hi all

It's my first post here so please let me know if I accidentally do anything wrong.

Basically I have a pair of vengeance rgb RAMs (you should be able to see the model# in my profile?) and they tend to go out of sync quickly during hardware playback, which means Link or other rgb sync software is not running. While it's understandable as they are in dual channel but I am still surprised that they can go completely out of sync in less than an hour. Is this normal?

I think I should also mention that I OC them a little bit to 4000MHz, but stability is good as far as I can tell (memtest >200% passed)

Any thoughts will be appreciated, thank you.

• Corsair Employee
Hi

I have reverted back to the default XMP setting, but their RGB still goes out of sync in about an hour. While Link is on it does stay sync. Is this normal?

Yep, it's normal if you close Link.

-Art

Yep, it's normal if you close Link.

-Art

Was this because RGB depend on the memory cycles during hardware playback (no Link), and two sticks are actually running not synced (the RAM itself, not the LEDs)?

My understanding is that if they are in a single channel this won't happen?

• Corsair Employee
Was this because RGB depend on the memory cycles during hardware playback (no Link), and two sticks are actually running not synced (the RAM itself, not the LEDs)?

My understanding is that if they are in a single channel this won't happen?

RGB will go out of sync in any mode if the software is not launched.

-Art

Archived