Corsair Community

New One Elite, three questions

AceCannon

(i7-8700, 32GB ram, 1TB SSD, no HDD)

Love the machine so far. Here are some (likely noob) questions:

1. Is there just one coolant reservoir for both radiators? There is only one coolant temperature in Corsair Link.

2. The CPU coolant pump varies with processing load. The GPU pump seems to be constant (running at max speed all the time). Is this normal? The GPU temp seems to vary appropriately with load.

3. Can I add a HDD to this machine without voiding the warranty? The only "legal" upgrades I see on the website are for adding an SSD or RAM.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• Corsair Employee
(i7-8700, 32GB ram, 1TB SSD, no HDD)

Love the machine so far. Here are some (likely noob) questions:

1. Is there just one coolant reservoir for both radiators? There is only one coolant temperature in Corsair Link.

2. The CPU coolant pump varies with processing load. The GPU pump seems to be constant (running at max speed all the time). Is this normal? The GPU temp seems to vary appropriately with load.

3. Can I add a HDD to this machine without voiding the warranty? The only "legal" upgrades I see on the website are for adding an SSD or RAM.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1. The cooler for the CPU and GPU are separate. They are both AIO coolers. So there's no reservoir.

2. Yes that is normal.

3. Yes you can add an HDD without voiding the warranty, granted the HDD is also 2.5" (laptop drive) form factor and you didn't cause any accidental damage to the unit.

Archived