Corsair Community

Corsair One strange intermittent screeching noise

Natefrog812

So I have the same buzzing/humm noise at idle like alot of other people have reported. But also any time I play a video from either SSD or HDD the noise gets noticeably worse, like an intermittent screeching/scratching type of noise. The noise will stop as soon as I stop/pause the video. It seems to be coming from the left side around the bottom.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I know the noise at idle is not an isolated issue but I'm wondering if there is something else wrong with this unit...

Hopefully corsair will get this all sorted out.

i7-7700k 32G 1080

• Corsair Employee
So I have the same buzzing/humm noise at idle like alot of other people have reported. But also any time I play a video from either SSD or HDD the noise gets noticeably worse, like an intermittent screeching/scratching type of noise. The noise will stop as soon as I stop/pause the video. It seems to be coming from the left side around the bottom.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I know the noise at idle is not an isolated issue but I'm wondering if there is something else wrong with this unit...

Hopefully corsair will get this all sorted out.

i7-7700k 32G 1080

you should definitely submit a ticket on our support site. I don't think that's the HDD that you are hearing, that's the GPU cooler. Submit a ticket and we'll have it replaced.

Archived