Corsair Community

New Corsair One Pro Plus Sounds like jet when playing games

jgarcia

Hello, I just unboxed and installed WoW on my new C1Pro+ and when in game my fans rpm goes nuts. I have looked into link and see no where to tune the fan speeds. I have updated the GPU Driver and also running the most current version of Corsair Link. I have seen other versions of Corsair link able to adjust fan speed but nothing in mine. I have run Link as Admin as well. I have attached an image of the 3k fan speed.

Capture.thumb.PNG.bf9dee7871fc1261bc9a7418741bd248.PNG

The only fan you can tune is the 120mm on the top of the C1.

You have to click over the rpm icon in the LINK software and you can adjust to max speed only.

The GPU fan can only be tunned via 3rd party software.

From your pic, all temps seems ok, although 85degC from the CPU could be something

I guess you are running WoW at max setting in a big resolution screen, so the GPU is giving its max.

Try to lower the resolution to test if the temps gets down a bit.

Also you have to know your temps at idle to be sure if something happend to the GPU behavior.

I mean, the GPU fan cool the mosfets from the card. If they get hot the fan speed up to lower the temps.

Also you can try to view if the airflow intake from the left side of the C1 is obstructed. The C1 needs to breath.

The tower is completely unobstructed from all sides. My idle temps are normal and she’s quite as a mouse during idle. Only when I launch any game it sounds like a jet taking off. I do use and Acer Predator 32 in monitor at max resolution however it seems this machine should eat that up easy. Also wow and hearthstone are not that demanding on the gpu. So this seems out of the ordinary.

It's the resolution. The 1080Ti has a slightly higher temp. throttle point than any of its predecessor. The fan does run a bit loud during load, not something we can avoid unfortunately. But your temperatures all seem fine.

Well its so loud its hard to hear anything over it. 3k RPM is within normal specs / How loud should 3k RPM be with this model fan? Is there nothing to be done? I purchased this machine as it was advertised as quite. I watched lots of reviews and see even under load that there was little noise. Dont assume im being critical as ive played pc games for around 20 years now and this is easily the loudest.

Using an iphone app i paid for my house is about 20db right now phone on desk. C1Pro+ under load the Db in the room is about 75. So 55db is within reason?

• Corsair Employee
Well its so loud its hard to hear anything over it. 3k RPM is within normal specs / How loud should 3k RPM be with this model fan? Is there nothing to be done? I purchased this machine as it was advertised as quite. I watched lots of reviews and see even under load that there was little noise. Dont assume im being critical as ive played pc games for around 20 years now and this is easily the loudest.

Using an iphone app i paid for my house is about 20db right now phone on desk. C1Pro+ under load the Db in the room is about 75. So 55db is within reason?

Given the size of CORSAIR ONE, yes. Until we're fortunate enough to have components that generate less heat or a revolutionary cooling solution that doesn't require fan, noise will always be a factor with small form factor PC with big performance. Moreover, noise is a subjective topic, can you submit a video recording of the noise you are describing? It's also good to keep in mind that using your mobile phone to measure noise level is not accurate so do take the number with a grain of salt.

Given the size of CORSAIR ONE, yes. Until we're fortunate enough to have components that generate less heat or a revolutionary cooling solution that doesn't require fan, noise will always be a factor with small form factor PC with big performance. Moreover, noise is a subjective topic, can you submit a video recording of the noise you are describing? It's also good to keep in mind that using your mobile phone to measure noise level is not accurate so do take the number with a grain of salt.

As you wish! Sorry its a terrible video lol but the noise is defiantly evident

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• Corsair Employee
As you wish! Sorry its a terrible video lol but the noise is defiantly evident

Thanks for this. As soon as you launch the game, the fan is hitting really high RPM off the bat following some variable speed throughout. I can't say for sure what could be the cause without taking the system apart. I'm sorry to be the one to have to say this but it's best if you replace the system. Are you seeing the same behavior in other application or games?

Thanks for this. As soon as you launch the game, the fan is hitting really high RPM off the bat following some variable speed throughout. I can't say for sure what could be the cause without taking the system apart. I'm sorry to be the one to have to say this but it's best if you replace the system. Are you seeing the same behavior in other application or games?

Its quite as a mouse until I launch a game. Even after i did as suggested and moved to my smaller monitor and lowered the res it still just was wide open. Can I RMA for another and how do I start this process?

• Corsair Employee
Its quite as a mouse until I launch a game. Even after i did as suggested and moved to my smaller monitor and lowered the res it still just was wide open. Can I RMA for another and how do I start this process?

Please go to our support website to create an RMA ticket. Be sure to attach an invoice.

• Corsair Employee
How they hell can you say this guy's temperatures seem OK? His GPU is pegged at 85 and yet his coolant is at 36.3?? That is way too much of a delta. It looks like the water loop is not even attached to the GPU.

The loud fan we hear from the example he posted is from the video card air fan part that is only over the mosfets/memory and does not help the GPU temp.

Time to RMA for sure.

Please read the whole thread. Thanks.

Archived