Corsair Community

CUE-SDK Question/Feature Requests

Darth Affe

Hey guys,

I've been messing around with the SDK for nearly two weeks now. In that time I run into quite a few problems which leads me to a question and some feature requests.

First of all the question: I recognized, that completely updating the keyboard leds at high frequency cause the keyboard to stall after some time.

I tried a full update every 20ms and the problem occurred reproducible after ~20s (16,8m color mode was disabled). I'm aware that using such update rates is barely useful, but i really wondered where the limitation comes from and more important what exactly the limit is, since i'd like to add some checks to (of course) always respect them.

Here's a random list with things I thought would be cool while working with the keyboard:

- SDK-function to get the currently set color for a led. (This would allow an application to use the CUE settings as base without the need to reconfigure them)

- SDK-event to be able to low-level hook all keys (most important G and other special keys). Maybe this should be a opt in option in CUE since there are potential security issues, but windows don't let you hook the G keys which is kinda sad. (Please someone proof me wrong on that point :p)

- Let "CorsairGetLedPositions" return the correct values for all logical layouts (at least DE is wrong).

- Let "CorsairGetLedIdForKeyName" return values for everything, not only letters. (This might become unimportant with the key-pressed-event available.)

- Maybe a function to modify/work with key assignments.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a random list with things I thought would be cool while working with the keyboard:

- SDK-function to get the currently set color for a led. (This would allow an application to use the CUE settings as base without the need to reconfigure them)

This would be really useful

This would be quite handy for shared-mode. +1 to this

- SDK-event to be able to low-level hook all keys (most important G and other special keys). Maybe this should be a opt in option in CUE since there are potential security issues, but windows don't let you hook the G keys which is kinda sad. (Please someone proof me wrong on that point :p)

This seems like it would be incredibly useful. Native support for G-Keys within games/applications that support hotkeys sounds amazing. Plus if we can detect G-Keys then I can finally do a Key Heatmap for them!

I've talked to them about this on a few occasions, and it's being considered.

I'm actually fairly close to being able to hook into the G-keys, though, so if it doesn't come to the SDK I might be able to release a library that watches the keyboard and returns keystrokes.

This would be pretty great for a little project I'm planning to do. I want to want to write a program to control an LED controller via USB to set case lighting based on what colors are currently present on my keyboard.

The other option I've been considering is buying some Corsair RGB peripheral, dismantling, modding it with LED strips, and connecting it to my mobo's USB header so that it can be controlled in CUE.

This would be pretty great for a little project I'm planning to do. I want to want to write a program to control an LED controller via USB to set case lighting based on what colors are currently present on my keyboard.

The other option I've been considering is buying some Corsair RGB peripheral, dismantling, modding it with LED strips, and connecting it to my mobo's USB header so that it can be controlled in CUE.

Why not just write a controller chip that can interpret CUE colour packets?

They're actually *super* simple, if you need the protocols I can tell you them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
I would also like a function to modify the Keyboard lock (numlock, scroll lock, caps lock) status lights.

What do you mean by "modify"? They are not colored LEDs. And you don't need to use them; you can define profile switches on the NumLock, ScrollLock, and CapsLock keys to switch to profiles where the affected keys act as desired and you can use the NumLock, ScrollLock, and CapsLock keys themselves to act as indicators.

Archived