Corsair Community

H80i v2 will show fan at 0rpm and pump at 600rpm on first start.

dhowlin

Hi everyone,

I've built a new rig and after a month of use I decided to acquire an H80iv2 cooling AIO. There is something I've been seeing lately: If I turn on the computer for the first time during the day, I check the statistics in Corsair LINK and I am able to see that the FAN is set to 0 rpm and the PUMP is set to 600rpm average. I can also see that the inner fan in the radiator will spin, and then stop and then spin again. It will repeat this behavior several times in a minute. If I reboot the PC, then things will show normal, FAN speed will be around 1140 rpm and PUMP speed will be around 1850 rpm and the inner fan of the radiator will spin constantly.

I've checked this forum and changed some settings in the BIOS, like setting the CPU fan to "Voltage" and "Full Speed". But it keeps happening. Things will only work normal after a reboot.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks!

What you are describing sounds like the typical end reaction from not setting the header to 100% and the unit does not have enough voltage to start-up. Make sure the right header is set to 100%/Full Speed. Do you have any other fan control software that might be altering the BIOS settings at the desktop level? (GA SIV, Power saving features, etc.)

What you are describing sounds like the typical end reaction from not setting the header to 100% and the unit does not have enough voltage to start-up. Make sure the right header is set to 100%/Full Speed. Do you have any other fan control software that might be altering the BIOS settings at the desktop level? (GA SIV, Power saving features, etc.)

You sir, are a genius! I had SIV installed and looks like it was exactly as you said. I uninstalled it, and try several times. Now every time I reboot the dashboard will show the correct results, always. I will keep testing during the week and see everything stays the same.

Thank you very much for your help. Appreciate it.

Archived