Corsair Community

How backwards compatible is corsair ram?

FatAlbert

I bought a matched pair of corsair xms pc3200, but I didnt have enough money for the other upgrades quite yet. I tried to run this in my soyo k7v dragon plus mobo but it wouldnt post. The mobo says it supports up to pc2100, so shouldnt the ram be able to work anyway but just at that speed? Or are the differences too great?

• Corsair Employee
Well, yes it should be no problem, but you might try and set the timings manually as they provide the options to over clock the MB. If you have a setting for memory Freq set it to 1-1 and set the timings to Cass 2-3-3-6. And I would try it with one module at a time. Then when and if you have 2 modules you want to use slots 1 and 3.

well when the corsair ram is in it wont even let me get into the bios or anything, but I went in when the old ram was in and i changed the timings but it still didnt work, I also tried each module by itself, and both in slots 1 and 3, nothing posted.... im gonna go to my friends house and try it in his system to make sure the modules themselves arent bad ill let you know

Archived