Corsair Community

Corsair K63 wireless receptor making apps and games crash

santos_fc

Hello everyone,

I have a Corsair K63 wireless keyboard and I'm having a problem with it's receptor, the keyboard doesn't even

Every time I plug it on my pc, after some time, some games and apps crash, doesn't launch or take a long time to launch, even Corsair ICUE crash sometimes, but as soon as I unplug the receptor everything goes back to normal instantly. It took a long time for me to discover the receptor was the issue, I tried using my processor without overclock, with overclock, uninstalled many apps, formatted the SSD, upgraded the keyboard to the last firmware, tried all usb ports...

So, I want to know if I need to rma my keyboard or if there is a fix.

Thanks in advance.

My config:

I5 8600K @4.5ghz

16GB Corsair Vengeance lpx DDR4@3000mhz

Geforce GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

SSD Samsung EVO 840 1GB

Corsair H100i fans

I have MSI gaming APP installed, Corsair ICUE, Riva Tuner, MSI Afterburner, Logitech gaming software (for my mouse) and Corsair Link, to name some.

link should not see icue some say you can run them side by side. Im not certain that is the case for everyone based on anecdotal evidence. If you can do without it, i might try uninstalling link and be sure you are on teh latest icue after backing up all your profiles.

Do you have a steam controller?

link should not see icue some say you can run them side by side. Im not certain that is the case for everyone based on anecdotal evidence. If you can do without it, i might try uninstalling link and be sure you are on teh latest icue after backing up all your profiles.

Do you have a steam controller?

Just tried uninstalling link and updating iCUE, but still having the same problem.

I have the Xbox One controller, with the microsoft wireless usb receptor.

• 4 weeks later...

Your mobo specs:

1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support

8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB headers)

4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers

I've seen feedback from others of people haviung some weird issues using USB3.1 ports. Try attaching the USB header for 2.0 ports and try one of those.

Also, it could be that some power saver feature is enabling, and the dongle is losing power, or is getting reduced power, and this is why you are dropping. You can try enabling Legacy USB Keyboard support in BIOS, and also check your power profile for USB settings.

• 2 weeks later...
Your mobo specs:

1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support

8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB headers)

4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers

I've seen feedback from others of people haviung some weird issues using USB3.1 ports. Try attaching the USB header for 2.0 ports and try one of those.

Also, it could be that some power saver feature is enabling, and the dongle is losing power, or is getting reduced power, and this is why you are dropping. You can try enabling Legacy USB Keyboard support in BIOS, and also check your power profile for USB settings.

Hello,

I tried everything but the 2.0 USB header, and nothing worked, legacy USB was already set to on and I changed the USB profile.

Maybe some incompatibility with my motherboard?

Could very well be. Yours is not the first to have issues with USB3.1 ports, as seen on this forum. As soon as they switch to a USB3.0 port or a 2.0 port, their issues disappeared, which is why I asked you to try the USB2.0 header ports.

Or you could the keyboard via Bluetooth dongle. :)

Could very well be. Yours is not the first to have issues with USB3.1 ports, as seen on this forum. As soon as they switch to a USB3.0 port or a 2.0 port, their issues disappeared, which is why I asked you to try the USB2.0 header ports.

I'm using bluetooth now, I have to confess that I didn't knew this keyboard could connect that way, sorry!

Thank you very much for the help.

• 4 months later...

Today I bought one of these from the link, but I'm still having the same issue, so what is left to try?

Bluetooth was a great ''solution'', but I have to wait a long time until the drivers are loaded to use the keyboard on Windows login screen.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4TZ2T49717&cm_re=USB_3.0_front_panel_adapter-_-181-000F-00002-_-Product&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=8471297&SID=jtjdqdq23y023z6x05278&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-VigLink2&cjevent=e9bd0c8a4c4011e98197005f0a24060e

Archived