Corsair Community

Missing Functionality (Lighting Link)

Roalith

Good afternoon,

I have been using Corsair peripherals for quite some time. Previously I was using a K95 RGB alongside a Logitech G600. I had the K95 set up to have a static color blue backlight plus a rainbow ripple expansion per key on keypress that expanded out.

I recently expanded out to a K95 RGB Platinum, a Polaris pad, and a Scimitar Pro and am exploring Lighting Link. I can set up my choice of a static blue backlight *OR* the rainbow ripple expansion from keypress, but cannot combine them.

I have checked for software updates and updated firmware as appropriate. I have made sure to try using both on-board and non- profiles. I am not sure if I have defective hardware or software or if this feature is in progress or just not being implemented at all (in which case I wasted several hundred dollars possibly).

***EDIT*** THANK YOU FOR RELEASING THIS UPDATE, IT IS GLORIOUS!

Oh shoot.......That's unfortunately extremely barebones. I'll have to go back to just using my older K95 and not keep the 3 new products.

I apologize if I am missing something but I just don't see a point in not being able to have both a backlight for a dark room combined with an actual reactionary effect...I've been such a Corsair guy for so long, I must admit to being a little put off and disappointed. Is this something that will happen in the future? If so, do you have a roadmap for such a feature?

• Corsair Employee
That would strip the ability for ripple sync though correct?

Yes, your keyboard won't be linked to the other devices. I am working on adding more layers to lighting link eventually but itll take 1-2 releases before I have resources to do so.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I will just have to check in periodically on the software progress and, hopefully, open my wallet for you guys in the near future! For now, I'll go back to my prior Corsair keyboard and setup.

• 2 weeks later...
Good afternoon,

I have been using Corsair peripherals for quite some time. Previously I was using a K95 RGB alongside a Logitech G600. I had the K95 set up to have a static color blue backlight plus a rainbow ripple expansion per key on keypress that expanded out.

I recently expanded out to a K95 RGB Platinum, a Polaris pad, and a Scimitar Pro and am exploring Lighting Link. I can set up my choice of a static blue backlight *OR* the rainbow ripple expansion from keypress, but cannot combine them.

I have checked for software updates and updated firmware as appropriate. I have made sure to try using both on-board and non- profiles. I am not sure if I have defective hardware or software or if this feature is in progress or just not being implemented at all (in which case I wasted several hundred dollars possibly).

Although Lighting link doesn't currently support layers, you can program the K95 to layer the static color blue blacklight plus keypress rainbow ripple, and separately program the Polaris pad and Scimitar Pro.

• 1 month later...
Yes, your keyboard won't be linked to the other devices. I am working on adding more layers to lighting link eventually but itll take 1-2 releases before I have resources to do so.

James, this would be an awesome feature... any idea on when this release?

Just got the k70, Glaive, and MM800 pad... really missing the ripple sync combined with back-lighting.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
You can't add multiple lighting layers to Lighting Link at this time. Lighting link only allows one type of standard lighting effect.

so that's mean if i have my own custom profile which is apply in my keyboard it can't link with other devices. except standard lighting link which already on icue software ??

so that's mean if i have my own custom profile which is apply in my keyboard it can't link with other devices. except standard lighting link which already on icue software ??

You're taking a year-old quote and trying to apply it to software released only a couple of months ago. Lots has changed with iCue, including lighting link.

Rather than resurrecting a > 1 year old thread, please start a new thread that details what you are trying to do. And iCue does allow you to have multiple Lighting Link effects.

Archived