Corsair Community

Windows 10 TH2+RS1 - Fix for CL 3.2.5742 discovered new devices reboot needed popup

red-ray

I have seen many threads about issues with endless reboot popups on W10 TH2 + RS1 + RS2 + RS3 and decided to try and figure out what was really needed. The bottom line seems to be that you just need to delete SelectiveSuspendEnabled for ALL the Corsair Integrated USB Bridges. If you check HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\<different on every system>\Device Parameters with REGEDIT you will typically see:

attachment.php?attachmentid=23410&stc=1&d=1448445443

Note that SelectiveSuspendEnabled is REG_BINARY. Right/Click on it and select Delete. Having done this run CL, refresh the REGEDIT panel and it will be:

attachment.php?attachmentid=23411&stc=1&d=1448445451

Note that SelectiveSuspendEnabled is now back after being deleted, is now a REG_DWORD and the others have been set to zero. Repeat this for ALL the Corsair Integrated USB Bridges and Corsair Link PMBus Bridges (note PID is 0C02).

All I did was cancel the new hardware detected panel and all seems to be OK.

To me it seems that CL is trying to do the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled kluge and the code is far from ideal. I suspect that it's doing a RegSetValueEx() to set SelectiveSuspendEnabled to zero which is failing as it's a one byte REG_BINARY rather than a REG_DWORD.

I further suspect the CL code is incorrect as all that I expect is needed is to set EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled to zero and CL should not be changing any of the other Device Parameters at all. Changing a standard Microsoft parameter from REG_BINARY to a REG_DWORD is at best poor and I feel a very bad idea which is likely to cause undesirable side effects.

After more checking on W10 TH1 SelectiveSuspendEnabled is a REG_DWORD and on TH2 + RS1 it's a one byte REG_BINARY.

I reported this issue to Corsair on 24-Sep-2015 so it could/should have been fixed before CL 3.2.5742 was released.

Only EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled needs to be set to zero and none of the other Device Parameters should be changed/set to zero though there are many misleading posts that say they should. I also suspect CL 3.2.5742 is setting things to zero when it should not be and this should be corrected. CL needing to reboot the system is very silly as all it needs to do is restart the USB device which takes two lines of code.

870735247_TH2Initial.png.08585f9b1454ea8f948ad6b8cc1efbf7.png

2125075996_TH2After.png.7e84b9ff407ea3a360a8dcd8686b0be6.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ended up deleting the entire registry folder of vid1b1c. A restart brought all values back to default and then the fix worked. FYI if you have already changed the top 3 values to zero and then delete you won't get suspend to appear again. All values must be default before you follow these steps.

the values never reset for select suspend... the whole option is still gone. now what??

For openers you need to specify what device you have and posting screen shots would be sensible.

I ended up deleting the entire registry folder of vid1b1c. A restart brought all values back to default and then the fix worked. FYI if you have already changed the top 3 values to zero and then delete you won't get suspend to appear again. All values must be default before you follow these steps.

You should not delete the registry folder, but should use Device Manager to uninstall the the device and then do Scan for hardware changes.

As I said above. If you have done the Windows regedit BEFORE you follow your steps select suspend will not show back up after you delete it and restart cl.

No issues deleting the vid1b1c folder itself. In fact that's the only way to get select suspend entry back if you delete it post regedit. It does take some higher level privileges to accomplish.

Even deleting the device from manager doesn't remove/change the registry values or options.

Again this is just a tip for people who followed your steps and never got select suspend to come back after restarting cl.

After I made the changes you suggested I still have the same issue ...

Over the years I have found that "I made the changes" should be "I think I have made the changes" so you need to post some screen shots if you wish me to help you.

You have not even added your PC specs to your profile or specified what CL hardware you have.

Same here,

Windows updated yesterday morning - everything did run well with SIV aus usual. After modifying a couple of things with my custom water loop over the day and finally powered up the system in the evening, the fans ran but with a sinus-kind of pulsing every two seconds. (I indeed tried switching (USB)cables, checked connections etc..)

Commander Mini showed up in SIV but I weren't able to modify ANY fan setting.

Okay then - tried to deal with Corsair's software - nothing - CCM now neither shows up in SIV, nor in the command center and the LED on the top of the CCM doesn't stop blinking green/orange. (The little fellow makes a light tickling noise - didn't hear that anytime before) I then tried the registry settings regarding the windows upgrade and even GOT back to an older W10 Version just to get beck to normal - nothing. :mad:

After all I had to rip CCM out of my rig and connect all the fans directly to the mainboard. It doesn't allow me to run custom fan curves, but it actually does run my fans "normally" without pulsing or sth.

All fans are PWMed Noctuas, I of course tested out other USB Ports on the Mainboard, CCM at last didn't even show up in SIV under [uSB ...].

CCM at last didn't even show up in SIV under [uSB ...].

You have made so many changes it's impossible to know what happened. A screen shot of [Link Devices] may provide some insight. If SIV does not work then post screen shots otherwise there is no way to help you.

If the CLCC is not listed on [uSB Bus] then it's a hardware issue. Try power cycling the system.

Hi Ray,

I didn't meant to give SIV any kind of responsibility for my problems as it normally worked flawlessly with my CCM and even after several reboots, cycles, complete power-offs etc. It doesn't show up anywhere. ;)

I'm going to attach it again and see if over night something has magically resetted in CCM itself. Probably it just grilled itself at last.

Is there any way to "hard reset" the CCM? Maybe it just stuck somehow ...

I'm going to give it one or two more hours to get back to its task, otherwise I'll give it a hard reset with the wall. I really lost so *********** many hours of my life on try+error in the beginning to get it up and running and now it just won't work anyway. This really gets annoying somehow.

Anyhow - I am indeed very thankful for SIV - even if it hasn't the most intuitive GUI, it at least did work 100% compared to CL Software. :praise:

Is there any way to "hard reset" the CCM? Maybe it just stuck somehow ...

Unplug the CLCC SATA power connector. On my system I wired up a toggle switch to enable me to do this.

I really lost so *********** many hours of my life

I too have wasted far too many hours asking for screen shots that show the issue.

Yeap, thats what I did already.

A couple of minutes ago I plugged it to a single S-ATA Power header, one external fan and temp sensor attached. The fan runs up when out of the sudden the LED on CCM starts blinking green/red in about .5 second intervall and so does the fan start pulsing as it only every .5 second gets power.

on off on off on off.

It'd be way more helpful to provide a video of the issue. ;D

Is either SIV or CL running? Post [Link Devices] :headbang:

Here you are. :)

http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/28974881/LinkDevice.png

http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/28974883/Reg.png

http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/28974882/USBBus.png

Here's a video I just made with the pulsing issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_iP9bbnzpGQc1BQWVJKb0gzSTQ/view?usp=sharing

Btw.

It appears to get recognized by the system sometimes - when I try to modify the fan speed via SIV, it directly switches back to "default custom" when applying or/and saving to fixed PWM or Voltage. Fan and CCM keeps pulsing. :D

It appears to get recognized by the system sometimes - when I try to modify the fan speed via SIV, it directly switches back to "default custom" when applying or/and saving to fixed PWM or Voltage. Fan and CCM keeps pulsing. :D

I suspect there is a hardware issue with the CLCC as when I power my CLCC on the LED is a constant green and does not flash at all.

The only other thing I can think of is with the power being supplied. If you have a meter check that it's +12 volts.

Looking at [Link Devices] I can see that Windows did not detect the CLCC. It should look as below. The Device Parameters are for the USB rather than the HID device.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22619&stc=1&d=1439790622

If SIV does happen to detect it then I suspect that [Link Status] may report I/O errors. Does it? The error will be after Corsair Integrated USB Bridge (#0).

I would request an RMA.

I suspect there is a hardware issue with the CLCC as when I power my CLCC on the LED is a constant green and does not flash at all.

The only other thing I can think of is with the power being supplied. If you have a meter check that it's +12 volts.

If SIV does happen to detect it then I suspect that [Link Status] may report I/O errors. Does it? The error will be after Corsair Integrated USB Bridge (#0).

I would request an RMA.

Yes, I already checked that the power cord is providing 12V with a meter.

Link Status gives me an Error 120 - AIO Link Status is Not Available.

I think the CCM has just given up by itself. ::pirate::

I'll try to open it and check if the USB or power cord is broken, if not I'll finally go with an aquaero. I really like Corsair's Cases, Memory etc. but as they obviously neither getting their software cleanly working for everyone, nor do they obviously care for your opinion and askings, I'll no longer support this. :(:

Thanks for your help Ray, I really appreciate it! :biggrin:

Why don't you just RMA the CLCC?

When I connect the CCM on a running system, windows does this "Device connected" Sound. After just three seconds or so it does the "Device disconnected" sound. :confused:

This supports there being a hardware issue with the CLCC. I also suspect [Link Devices] will change as it comes and goes.

BTW SIV 5.05 should report your HX750i when it's USB connected. Does it? Ideally post [Link Status], [Link Power] and [Link Devices].

The HX750i has been recognized by either the Corsair Software and SIV yesterday night. (I checked that because I wanted to make sure the USB Bus hasn't a problem or windows with corsair.

I opened the CMM now and measured both the power on the PCB itself (12V, no fluctuations) and the USB Cable itself to make sure it isn't broken on any line. So it looks like there really is an issue with the hardware itself.

I already had that much issues and limitations (no "fan off" state, PWM regulation (my mainboard is able to run the Noctua fans flawlessly with about 300 1/min - CCM freaks out when going under 400 1/min)) with CCM, that I won't RMA it.

You have made so many changes it's impossible to know what happened. A screen shot of [Link Devices] may provide some insight. If SIV does not work then post screen shots otherwise there is no way to help you.

If the CLCC is not listed on [uSB Bus] then it's a hardware issue. Try power cycling the system.

I figured it out. I had to Uninstall the malfunctioning link device driver in device manager and select the USB input device driver. Now everything works.

Archived