Corsair Community

Mix and matching Corsair Dominator GT memory on E760 X58 mobo?

garetjax

Hi all! I have two kits of Corsair Dominator GT memory: CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 and CMT6GX3M3A1866C9. Both kits are 3 x 2GB kits, so 12GB total. I want to know if using these two kits together in the following motherboard (an EVGA 141-BL-E760-A1) will cause any compatibility, reliability or stability issues.

Is it okay to mix these two kits together? I would essentially be populating all six of my motherboards DIMMs with these two kits, ensuring that DIMM slots 1, 3, and 5 matched one kit, while DIMM slots 0, 2, and 4 matched the other kit.

The differences between the two kits are speed (DDR3 1600 and DDR3 1866) and timings (7-7-7-20 vs. 9-9-9-24). Will I experience any kind of issues using these two (different) 3 x 2GB kits in my X58 board? I have no plans to overclock at this time if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Hi all! I have two kits of Corsair Dominator GT memory: CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 and CMT6GX3M3A1866C9. Both kits are 3 x 2GB kits, so 12GB total. I want to know if using these two kits together in the following motherboard (an EVGA 141-BL-E760-A1) will cause any compatibility, reliability or stability issues.

Mixing kits is not supported or suggested by corsair. You can try what you like but there is no way to tell or guarantee any sort of stability or operation at all.

Archived