Corsair Community

Cue software asking for permission to run at startup

eVoL

When starting my pc im getting a prompt to allow access to run the cue software everytime. I have to unplug and replug in my mousepad everytime I boot my pc to get it to detect my mouse and mousepad as well. This only started happening after the windows creator update. Any suggestions to allow the software full control permanently? Im assuming these issues are related.

The creators update does some strange things with DIY computers, especially with motherboards with somewhat complex bios. settings.

I ended up reinstalling to a version just before the C U and all is now well. I did have to modify the registry to keep the update from coming in however. I expect they will get it fixed with more updates over the next few months.

• 8 months later...

Can you check out the ownership on the corsair folders in c:\users\yourname\AppData\ and i think in roaming and maybe local and then also in program files?

I am guessing it may not be able to write or read without owner or admin permission.

is there a program compatibility setting on the exe itself or the shortcut so that it is running in admin mode? That could be one reason. It should not need that setting. You can try a repair install might work.

Another thing is the ownership and write permissions in certain directories, like c:\program files (x86)\Corsair\ or c:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Corsair\ and c:\users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\ are not writable or not set to the ownership of the current user. You can try taking ownership and resetting the correct security settings and ensuring the application is not being run with admin privileges.

What is your UAC level at also?

Archived