Corsair Community

I've encrypted my Voyager GO, but I cannot access my files via android phone

GreatEggplant

Hello guys. I'm a new user here. I recently lost my USB and I decided to get a new one. I decided to get a Corsair Flash Voyager GO since I also own an android phone.

I have encrypted the USB via BitLock on Windows 8.1. The problem is if I plug the Voyager GO to my android I cannot access my files, since I can only access my files via PC and then I get prompted to enter the password before I see my files. But I was expecting the same when I plug it into my android phone.

I want to access it on my phone without decrypting my USB, so how? Is there a particular software that allows me to remain my USB encrypted for PC (Windows) and android? It's quite a hassle to plug the USB on my laptop and plug also my phone so I can transfer files (slow transfer speed and a hassle) compared to if I just plug the USB to my phone which copies files way faster

Any suggestions? :D:

I don't think you can. Bitlocker is a Windows feature and i haven't seen it usable outside the Windows environment. Third party apps may exist which do this but im not too sure about that.

You can search for other encrypting alternatives which support multiple operating systems. or there may possibly be an app that supports Bitlocker partitions on Android.

Archived