Corsair Community

K63 keys not smooth - quality issue?

FingerMove

Hey everyone,

just a quick heads up from me, similar to the thread here, my K63 wireless that I got yesterday has almost the same problems. When pushing down the left SHIFT key at the top, it's like something blocks the movement, making for terrible writing experience. If it would've been a key like home or end I might be fine with it, but the left SHIFT key is one the most used keys in general.

Of course I tested every single other key afterwards and there are also other ones that have the same problem, here's a list of affected keys:

left SHIFT - heavily blocked

F1 - lightly blocked

F3 - heavily blocked

F4 - medium blocked

3 - heavily blocked

4 - heavily blocked

The other keys are smooth.

To go into further detail: the problem can be replicated very easily when pressing down at the very top of each key. If one of the keys is pressed at the bottom or in the middle the issue isn't there, but while playing a game I don't wanna be reminded that I paid 130 € for a keyboard that has issues when I press a key slighty too much at the top and the key press gets delayed because of it, maybe causing me to lose the match.

Like I already said, this is just a heads up that this problem exists probably on many keysboards like this, but most people don't know about it. I'd recommend that everyone who reads this tests their own keyboard, because I think it would be quite frustrating when recognizing this late after a purchase.

I bought my K63 wireless from Amazon Germany, so I think I'll go for a replacement keyboard, since it's the only one that has all the features I want and need, regardless of the issues I described here. My K95 Platinum doesn't have these issues, so I have some hope.

Best regards

FingerMove

Just a heads up, my K63 Wireless SE doesn't have this issue with any of the keys, so maybe you got some bum switches. It happens.

The replacement keyboard arrives tomorrow, so I'll see if I just had bad luck or if this is a common issue that just nobody else recognizes.

Archived