Corsair Community

Terrible support experience

I own an AX1200i PSU that I purchased two years ago. I started getting the red light shutdowns, and discovered that it was due to one of the accessory ports shorting and melting. No complaints about that part, I understand stuff happens, and OCP did a great job of preventing any of my connected equipment from being damaged.

Things started to go wrong almost immediately when I reached out to support for an RMA (ticket 727125).

I purchased my PSU from a small retail store that has since gone out of business. I have my receipt, which I attached.

First, I am told that my receipt is invalid because it does not show VAT on it. I live in the US, we do not have VAT here. I point this out, and reiterate that the store I purchased this from is no longer in business, so the receipt I have is all I'm going to get.

Then I am told my receipt is invalid because it's not from an Authorized Retailer. Try as I might, I cannot find anywhere on Corsair's site or warranty documents where it says that purchasing from an authorized retailer is a requirement for warranty service, nor who or what qualifies as an authorized retailer.

I was offered a "one time exception" if I can show an invoice from an Authorized Retailer (again, no indication of who or what that is) for any other Corsair product. I can do that, but this is beyond the pale. I should not require a "one time exception" to get warranty service on an item covered by a 10 year warranty, when it has only been on the market for a little over 6.

Stand behind your products, please. And knock it off with this "authorized retailers only" mindset that forces small computer shops out of business.

• Corsair Employee
I own an AX1200i PSU that I purchased two years ago. I started getting the red light shutdowns, and discovered that it was due to one of the accessory ports shorting and melting. No complaints about that part, I understand stuff happens, and OCP did a great job of preventing any of my connected equipment from being damaged.

Things started to go wrong almost immediately when I reached out to support for an RMA (ticket 727125).

I purchased my PSU from a small retail store that has since gone out of business. I have my receipt, which I attached.

First, I am told that my receipt is invalid because it does not show VAT on it. I live in the US, we do not have VAT here. I point this out, and reiterate that the store I purchased this from is no longer in business, so the receipt I have is all I'm going to get.

Then I am told my receipt is invalid because it's not from an Authorized Retailer. Try as I might, I cannot find anywhere on Corsair's site or warranty documents where it says that purchasing from an authorized retailer is a requirement for warranty service, nor who or what qualifies as an authorized retailer.

I was offered a "one time exception" if I can show an invoice from an Authorized Retailer (again, no indication of who or what that is) for any other Corsair product. I can do that, but this is beyond the pale. I should not require a "one time exception" to get warranty service on an item covered by a 10 year warranty, when it has only been on the market for a little over 6.

Stand behind your products, please. And knock it off with this "authorized retailers only" mindset that forces small computer shops out of business.

PM me your ticket number and I will look into this.

StormShadow, do you have an update to provide?

I've continued to go round and round with Richard TS, who appears to be unable to remember from one message to the next what we have already discussed. I keep getting asked the same questions over and over again.

This experience has only been getting worse.

Archived