Corsair Community

Petition for have an ISO Linux of Corsair SSD toolbox

johnsmith58

Good morning.

I have only Linux at home.

I demand than corsair develop an ISO Linux like that exist with Kingston (based on Bodhi Linux).

For update and manage his SSD corsair when we don't have windows.

Thanks.

On my Linux...

_I try playonlinux and crossover to launch Corsair toolbox, but I have error or fail.

_I can buy an ISO Windows and his key and launch with USB key (not sure than works)

_I can buy an ISO Windows and his key and launch in VirtualBox (not sure than works)

_I can buy an old HDD with Windows inside (cost money)

_I can buy a USB key with Windows inside (cost very money)

Edited by johnsmith58

Good morning.

I have only Linux at home.

I demand than corsair develop an ISO Linux like that exist with Kingston (based on Bodhi Linux).

For update and manage his SSD corsair when we don't have windows.

Thanks.

On my Linux...

_I try playonlinux and crossover to launch Corsair toolbox, but I have error or fail.

_I can buy an ISO Windows and his key and launch with USB key (not sure than works)

_I can buy an ISO Windows and his key and launch in VirtualBox (not sure than works)

_I can buy an old HDD with Windows inside (cost money)

_I can buy a USB key with Windows inside (cost very money)

I only have Linux at work :)

Why not use smartctl to check on the status of your SSD: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-check-ssd-health-in-linux/

• 2 years later...

I 2nd this demand, I paid good money for this product and was unaware of the Windows-only restriction. There was no "Windows only" mentioned anywhere nor would I even think necessary to have to check that in this day and age.

Luckily, thanks to some other forum members it has been discovered that LITERALLY using someone else's installer works as they both use SandForce.

No one is allowed to mention competitor names, I "dont have permission" to view the firmware direct download links at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110257, there are no direct download links I can find elsewhere, the sandbox tool is a standalone exe....

This is a horrible experience. Please... just give us a linux installer or access to the firmware so we can do it ourselves!

I 2nd this demand, I paid good money for this product and was unaware of the Windows-only restriction.

Corsair SSD Toolbox is free, You didn't pay anything for it, Nor do you need to use it at any time to get full functionality of your SSD.

The only 2 good functions of the SSD Toolbox are the ability to migrate an OS installation to a new drive and wipe your drive, Both things that can already be done within Linux.

• 1 month later...

have a Corsair Force MP600 1TB SSD.

How to upgrade it under Linux?

It's a shame Corsair is Linux-unfriendly. I like many of their products and didn't find equivalent alternatives, they may be losing my support if competitors wake up.

I 2nd this demand, I paid good money for this product and was unaware of the Windows-only restriction. There was no "Windows only" mentioned anywhere nor would I even think necessary to have to check that in this day and age.

Luckily, thanks to some other forum members it has been discovered that LITERALLY using someone else's installer works as they both use SandForce.

No one is allowed to mention competitor names, I "dont have permission" to view the firmware direct download links at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110257, there are no direct download links I can find elsewhere, the sandbox tool is a standalone exe....

This is a horrible experience. Please... just give us a linux installer or access to the firmware so we can do it ourselves!

I can't download firmwares from that page too :(

Edited by timofonic

• 2 months later...
Back after a while and seeing that Corsair still seems to ignore anyone using its hardware on Linux... any updates on how to update a firmware of an MP600 we are having filesystem corruption with on Linux? Do I need to install windows on a server just for that?

Back after a while and seeing that Corsair still seems to ignore anyone using its hardware on Linux... any updates on how to update a firmware of an MP600 we are having filesystem corruption with on Linux? Do I need to install windows on a server just for that?

Download Windows 10 free directly from Microsofts site using their media creation tool, It takes less than 5 minutes to install Windows 10 from a USB stick and you do not need to buy a license to use it in the short term, Update your drives firmware and you're done then boot back into Linux.... or you can continue posting and maybe in a few years get Linux support, Or maybe never as Linux users are a niche within a niche.

Edited by Dicehunter