Corsair Community

Got a V32 that went down suddenly

Hey corsair ppl,

I bought a nova V32 SSD not too long ago.... It went down in flames about a week previous to this post. No warning whatsoever. I shutdown the system, and rebooted maybe 8 hours later, and drive is missing from POST/bios....

I left it powered down for a few days and tried it again, no luck.... have been trying it in a external now for a few days... still no dice.

Is there anything I can try to get it moving again? It's my first ssd, and I have no experience with duds until now.

It's less then 1 year old and its a serious bummer imho, I thought the thing would last awhile. I don't have a swap partition on it, don't write logs to it, and cache is also off disk. Basicly the only thing its used for is the OS/applications/boot (which was mega-fast). Writing was mostly limited to updates. Why did it cash and burn like this???

Anyways it's my own fault for being dumb and not backing it up --- it had a very nice custom Arch installation on it (would like to salvage if possible).... now I'm rebuilding from scratch (waaah/boohoo).

thats about all i can do huh? no tricks or anything?

on one hand i'll do rma because its there.... on the other though, i'm not really sure i need another 10 month drive, kinda is pointless medium-term-wise. Especially pointless seeing how it died without warning....

How common is this? reading these forums, and other ssd makers its seems really common; but thats not exactly a good measure.

Stop reading tech support forums :) No one posts here just to say "It's still working". There's also no scientific evidence to say that another drive will also last exactly 10 months.

On the other hand, this is waaaay more common with SSDs. Out of about 25 mechanic drives, two of them crashed, and they did with pre-warnings enabling me to save all data stored.

Out of one(+one RF) SSD (Corsair) I've had two sudden deaths, no warnings, 100% data loss.

Kind of speaks for it self :roll:

Stop reading tech support forums :) No one posts here just to say "It's still working".

yea i know,

; but thats not exactly a good measure.

on that token though.... i have gone through spinners at a ridiculous rate, one thing they have going for them is they give some warning (; cause they're mechanical, not sure if ironic is the right word, but its funny in that's the weakness ssd's are trying to remedy).

There's also no scientific evidence to say that another drive will also last exactly 10 months.

not.very.reassuring.com

i'll get my rma, just not sure what i'll use it for.... boot time is less important than reliability to me. LOL. maybe i'll go opposite what i tried first and use it as a cache/swap drive :D abuse!

• 3 years later...
On the other hand, this is waaaay more common with SSDs. Out of about 25 mechanic drives, two of them crashed, and they did with pre-warnings enabling me to save all data stored.

Out of one(+one RF) SSD (Corsair) I've had two sudden deaths, no warnings, 100% data loss.

Kind of speaks for it self :roll:

ME TOO!:mad:

(Nova V32 32GB SSD Part # CSSD-V32GB2)

WARRANTY......?????:(:

Archived