Corsair Community

Will CM3X2GSD1066 200-pin fit in DDR2 sodimm slot?

slava

Hi,

Now here is a tricky question. Normally, even if the chipset does support DDR3 type, DDR3 sodimm wouldnt fit into DDR2 sodimm slot, because DDR3 has 204 pins instead of 200 pins of DDR2. Right?

Just discovered, there is a (unique?) Corsair DDR3-1066 200-pin sodimm CM3X2GSD1066 !? 200-pin? then it should fit my DDR2 slots? Is that correct?

grts,

There's no such thing. Possibly a misprint, but no such thing regardless.

Hi,

Now here is a tricky question. Normally, even if the chipset does support DDR3 type, DDR3 sodimm wouldnt fit into DDR2 sodimm slot, because DDR3 has 204 pins instead of 200 pins of DDR2. Right?

Just discovered, there is a (unique?) Corsair DDR3-1066 200-pin sodimm CM3X2GSD1066 !? 200-pin? then it should fit my DDR2 slots? Is that correct?

grts,

There's no such thing as DDR3 modules with 200 pinouts. If the memory interface supports the DDR3 standard then it must conform to the standards to be electronically compatible.

I don't know what this is, but it is not DDR3 made to fit DDR2 slots.

DDR2 = 200 pinouts and a different insertion slot to DDR3

DDR3 = 204 pinouts and a different insertion slot DDR2

http://www.gentechpc.com/Asus/d3-d2.jpg

If thats correct, and there is no such thing as 200-pin DDR3, then there must be something going terribly wrong, all over the world.

Check out the other brands (ive seen at least 3, sorry may not mention names) and even mac memory modules. Ive also found an official whitepaper of another DDR3 1066 200-pin module. However it was classified here as "marketing material from competition" and removed.

Thanks for reporting this to Corsair, maybe there finally will be a clarification from a 100% trusted source - the creators.

DerekT: Take a closer look on the image!

[sorry picture removed due to hotlinking]

Archived