Corsair Community

H60 Overheating

Double0Rich

I am running a Core i7 2600K overclocked to 4.4

More and more my system is overheating and shutting down.

How can I tell if the H60 is running properly???

My cooler is a Corsair H60. The wires are all seemingly attached well and not damaged. The Cooling unit is seated on the CPU OK.

The system is not running any programs so the CPU is not overheating due to overuse.

The CPU will run @ 35 degrees C with jumps to 65 - 75 when running programs like Prime95 but on its own the temperature jumps to 95C and overheats.

I put a temperature gun on the plumbing works and I get 85 degrees F on one side and 95F on the other side. The radiator runs 85 F on one side and 95 on the other.

An H60 would struggle to cool a 2600k clocked to 4.4 in all honesty.

Indeed, check the items as advised above, but also try removing or at least reducing your heavy overclock. I'd wager your CPU would then operate well within normal or acceptable ranges!!

I tend to agree but the system has run for a year without any problems at this level. Now over the past month, it runs fine then the temperature jumps.

Something's not right. My old H50 with a dusty rad didnt get hot enough to shut down, but got hot enough to about 87C. With a 2700k at 4.5 Ghz 1.35ish V

thats like comparing apples to oranges as no 2 systems are alike.its hard to diagnose remotely with so many variables that come into play

what type fans do you have vs. his?

whats their orientation vs. his?/

how many active/background processes are running vs. his?

whats your ambient temp vs. his?

diff processors/coolers and the list just goes on and on

its just too many variables to try to compare

none of those make for a 7C increase in temperatures unless his ambient temperatures are higher than average or if he had fans pushing against each other.

The fact that his computer jumps to 95C randomly while not under stress is an indicator. His p95 load temps are lower than my H50 as they should be.

OP, i would check to make sure whatever power going to the pump is not controlled in some way by software or hardware.

and dont take my "something isnt right" to be a defect with the product itself. You get too defensive for someone not working for Corsair. I'm well aware of PEBKAC.

and dont take my "something isnt right" to be a defect with the product itself. You get too defensive for someone not working for Corsair. I'm well aware of PEBKAC.

but you dont know the ops level of expertise as your statement could have him ripping things apart looking for a problem or worse returning the hydro,installing a new one and have the same problem.

im not getting defensive,just expressing my opinion as you are so its all good.

i cant comment on PEBKAC as i dont know what it is?

All, thanks for the advice. I'm monitoring the settings you've told me to. Seems like that should narrow things down to where the problem is.

As for Processes running while in idle mode I see them in the Task Manager but I don't know what most of them are. They seem to be OS maintenance processes.

All, thanks for the advice. I'm monitoring the settings you've told me to. Seems like that should narrow things down to where the problem is.

As for Processes running while in idle mode I see them in the Task Manager but I don't know what most of them are. They seem to be OS maintenance processes.

dont worry about what they are,just go cpu usage and see the load commit is

post some pictures of your testing , showing the temperature,prime95 and the speed of your processor, and give us some info on your room temp and your case., i'm interested in your problem because im also user of h60.

Sorry - don't know how to do pictures. CPU Clock runs from 1650 up to 4460 with the rated speed from Intel at 3.4 GHz.

The temp in the room is a steady 74 - 76 degrees (Florida) and the CPU temp runs 31C at rest, and up to 80C on PRIME95.

I run 8Mb Corsair Vengence memory and 2 fans in the case.

Like I stated everything was running OK up to about a month ago. The problem has not happend since I began monitoring the fan speeds, but for one second the "Pump" fan speed dropped to zero. Which may indicate a failure of the H60.

don't use AI Suite and Core Temp at the same time use only one monitoring software, it may conflict., i just experience it when using HwMonitor and AiSuite , my HWmonitor give me wrong readings and then i close the AiSuite. Be sure that AiSuite is close at notification area icons if you are using win 7. post some screen shot here just press "printscreen" on you keyboard when you are monitoring and paste it to paint and save and upload it here, so that we see your result.

• Corsair Employee
I use Core Temp, and Asus' AI Suite II for fan speed and Temperatures.

I did notice my "pump" speed is at zero now. and the temp is rising. I changed power pins for the pump's power and it is still reading zero.

Sounds like a faulty pump. Use the link on the left and submit an RMA request.

I'm having the same problem. Just installed the 2nd gen H60 with an i7-3770k. The temps rise at an alarming rate and it shows 0 fan speed. My mobo has two cpu fan pins and I tried both and got the same result. Sometimes it spins up showing like 400-500 rpm and then it goes back to 0. I even plugged in a 200mm fan and it shows 2200+ rpm on both CPU fan pins so I know the pins work.

Archived