Corsair Community

Link only sees 1 video card

MrFizzbin

Link is only seeing 1 vido card (it's temp.). It is in Crossfire with a second identical card (5850's).

Is Crossfire supposed to see both.? Is it able to control the fans on the cards? AMD's Catalyst Control Center will allow you to change the fan settings (as well as the memory and GPU clock settings). I've disable the Graphics overdrive and manual fan settings within Catalyst, but Link still cannot report back more than 1 card and 1 temp.

And while I'm at it, it only sees 2 of my 4 CPU cores...

UPDATED INFO BELOW:

This is a problem with AMD dual GPU's/Multi-Core cards only. My SLI system has no problems. AMD actually doesn't fire up the second card/other cores unless there is a load. When you start your system up (fresh boot) and go into the CCC you will see that the second card is reported as 0c with no information. Fire up Furmark or similar program and the second card comes alive. At this point if you fire up Corsair Link it will properly identify both cards/cores, save the profile with both boxes up. Upon reboot one of the temp boxes would be flashing red as a 0 temp, but at least one will be correct. Even if you fire up Furmark again that second box will never come back unless you fire up Corsair Link while both cards are active. That is a problem. I have just hidden the second temp box as it bugs me to have a red flashing box. One is better than none, but showing all would be preferable.

Link is all over the map: It will not see my 2 video card.. but if I take them out of Crossfire, it will see the other. It initially will show a temp., then if I re-boot, there will be no temp on that second GPU. If I put it back into raid, we're back to 1 GPU, most of the time. On other occassions, it will show 2, but the second is showing 0 as a temp and flashing red. And as previously stated, no fan speeds on either. And this morning, I am getting flashing icons for two of my hard drives, both showing 0 C temp. Maybe they did release it too soon...... Will we see a firmware upgrade any time soon, or are we out of luck as it relates to some graphic cards (mine are 2 x 5850's).

I guess I do have 4 cores showing if you consider the bars to be the cores.

Your GPU situation must be frustrating, but your at least seeing the hot one right? My second GPU is always a lot cooler than the other.

I imagine there will be updates to the software etc. Overall I'm happy at the moment. But being able to turn off the fans and having better over all control would be nice (what's with 70 deg C being the last set point?)

Link is all over the map: It will not see my 2 video card.. but if I take them out of Crossfire, it will see the other. It initially will show a temp., then if I re-boot, there will be no temp on that second GPU. If I put it back into raid, we're back to 1 GPU, most of the time. On other occassions, it will show 2, but the second is showing 0 as a temp and flashing red. And as previously stated, no fan speeds on either. And this morning, I am getting flashing icons for two of my hard drives, both showing 0 C temp. Maybe they did release it too soon...... Will we see a firmware upgrade any time soon, or are we out of luck as it relates to some graphic cards (mine are 2 x 5850's).

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Very disappointed with the link so far. It won't even power my fans and I can't get any response in these forums from a Corsair employee.

Indeed, there is a general absense of Mods in this forum in general. What has me a bit stumped is the general lack of information. They seem to be under promoting this product. There is very little write-up on the fact you can update your firmware connected to your link: your left to just discover it in the software. No mention that if you have an AirFlow Pro unit (ram fan), you need a different data connection line. (The ones supplied will not fit). What about the "case fan connector" on the Link ..what is it for? No mention in the instructions. And how about the total absence of instructions for the software. Yes, I could scour the net and youtube, even in here, but I do expect a minimum supplied when I purchase the unit. I'm very sorry if this is sounding like a rant; it's not the purpose, but just to point some inconsistencies that are not typical of Corsair.

Indeed, there is a general absense of Mods in this forum in general. What has me a bit stumped is the general lack of information. They seem to be under promoting this product. There is very little write-up on the fact you can update your firmware connected to your link: your left to just discover it in the software. No mention that if you have an AirFlow Pro unit (ram fan), you need a different data connection line. (The ones supplied will not fit). What about the "case fan connector" on the Link ..what is it for? No mention in the instructions. And how about the total absence of instructions for the software. Yes, I could scour the net and youtube, even in here, but I do expect a minimum supplied when I purchase the unit. I'm very sorry if this is sounding like a rant; it's not the purpose, but just to point some inconsistencies that are not typical of Corsair.

I don't know if Corsair is overwhelmed with other things or this product is so low on the totem pole it doesn't warrant any attention. That's very disappointing. From my experience with this unit and reading about the problems of others in this forum I'm of the opinion that this product was released before it was ready. The lack of response is frustrating.

Right now I have what is essentially and expensive shiny silver brick in my computer that only controls the LED's and gives me various temperature reports. My whole point for purchasing this unit was to get an additional fan on my video cards without having to run it at full speed. I'm out of fan headers on my mobo, so this looked like a great solution.

This product has potential, but Corsair needs to get its act together on both the support and product side.

• Corsair Employee

Okay guys I understand you are frustrated and I am sorry for the delay but it is a new product and we are looking into this.

As far as working with Video Cards, please list the manufacturer of your Video cards and the Model. Also Please list the driver version you have installed and the make and model of MB and the current BIOS version.

Okay guys I understand you are frustrated and I am sorry for the delay but it is a new product and we are looking into this.

As far as working with Video Cards, please list the manufacturer of your Video cards and the Model. Also Please list the driver version you have installed and the make and model of MB and the current BIOS version.

Here you go:

OS Windows 7 64 bit

VIDEOCARDS

manufacturer: XFX

Models: HD 5850 765M 1GB DDR5 DP HDMI DUAL DVI PCI-E

HD 5850 755M 1GB DDR5 DP HDMI DUAL DVI PCI-E

Driver version: Version 12.1 (12-1_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc) (Current)

Motherboard: Gigabyte

Model: Model : GigaByte P55A-UD4P with Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz socket 1156

Bios: Award (OEM) F14 (Current)

• Corsair Employee
Well we don't know if it is a problem with Corsair Link or because of the way the Video cards are reported and I would not call it a problem but I would consider it a Bug and it has been reported to our software team.

This is a problem with AMD dual GPU's/Multi-Core cards only. My SLI system has no problems. AMD actually doesn't fire up the second card/other cores unless there is a load. When you start your system up (fresh boot) and go into the CCC you will see that the second card is reported as 0c with no information. Fire up Furmark or similar program and the second card comes alive. At this point if you fire up Corsair Link it will properly identify both cards/cores, save the profile with both boxes up. Upon reboot one of the temp boxes would be flashing red as a 0 temp, but at least one will be correct. Even if you fire up Furmark again that second box will never come back unless you fire up Corsair Link while both cards are active. That is a problem. I have just hidden the second temp box as it bugs me to have a red flashing box. One is better than none, but showing all would be preferable.

Well, that's the first explaination I've heard that seems to make sense. Heck, it's the only explaination we have recieved! I also wondered about CCC and the 0c temperature readings. Thanks for the imput.. I guess we wait to see if this issue is resolved by the next Link software upgrade

Archived