Corsair Community

AX860i not seen by CL

Schar07

I know it is a common headache, but i tried everything. AX860i does not show up in latest CL.

W7 x64 + i7 4770k + Asus M6F Z87.

H80i + AX860i, PS is connected through H80i block.

SIVx64 sees both fine.

Device Manager shows no Corsair Integrated USB bridge (HID/USB) devices, but it shows both VID_1B1CXXXXXXX USB Input and HID-compliant devices as generic/unbranded and OK.

In Control Panel Programs and Features i have both Corsair LINK 4 and Windows Driver Package - Corsair Components, Inc. (SIUSBXP) USB (07/14/2010 3.3) items.

PS was seen with older releases, probably up to 1y ago, i did not notice exactly when it disappeared. Sometimes updating CL was breaking things up but uninstall + manual cleaning + reinstall worked fine...now doesn't.

I already removed CL with full manual cleaning of folders and registry keys - including those requiring SYSTEM permissions to be deleted.

I have seen the AXi PSU Drivers red-rey was posting, but they don't install through the INF file right click neither through Device Manager, as i have no yellow keys to apply them neither does the HW scan find any new devices for the AXi. How can i load them?

Any further ideas before throwing this crappy software into the bin?

Thanks!

Status.thumb.jpg.af11eb36cce22e2e6f53e5ea490d7a01.jpg

Power.thumb.jpg.0a614eefdbcb99a961123dce0f1eb7d5.jpg

Devices.thumb.jpg.6947210fc358055d2a1ff5bd1a22f3c9.jpg

As your AX860i is connected via the H80i C-Link port then all the posts I made about the SIUSBXP driver don't apply. This driver is only used when the Corsair Link AXi PSU USB Dongle is used to connect AXi PSUs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31217&d=1506169941

SIV reports your AX860i so the hardware is fine and CL4 should also report it :nodding:, but I have no real idea as to why CL4:!oops: fails. I suggest you log a call via https://support.corsair.com/ and ask Corsair to fix their software :rant2:, remember to upload your original invoice.

As no fans are connected to the H80i I guess you must be using the motherboard to control them, are you? Assuming so I guess you have no real need to use CL4.

Looking at your http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=903638 post my guess is that things went wonky in CL 4.7.0.77. I would be inclined to try CL 4.6.0.86 with the CPUIDSDK.dll from CL 4.8.3.8.

Thanks RR,

Ticket opened:shootme:

Yes, H80i two fans are connected to mobo CPU headers and controlled by Asus AI Suite 3 Fan Xpert 2. BTW, i also closed AI SUite 3 and retested LINK, but no PSU yet.

Reason to use link was mainly to see wattage absorption and trending more easily. Plus, i hate the idea that Corsair software doesn't work with 2 of their own pieces of HW... come on!:nono:

And,,,well, thanks, i forgot i made the analysis and post in May! Actually i do confirm it. And thanks, i'll give CPUIDSDK.dll trick a shot.

Thank you and regards

RR,

v4.6.0.86 with CPUIDSDK x86 and x64 DLLs from 4.8.3.8 is almost working!

Only two 220mm slow speed chassis fans #1 and #3 are off (actually they were shutdown while screenshooting - temp controlled by Asus AI Suite), but i can now see MOBO + CPU + SSDs + GPUs + DRAMs + H80i + AX860i!

Capture.thumb.JPG.a6f6fc2af0a73a3bb60d1efaf23befbb.JPG

Archived