Corsair Community

Keyboard Lights Shutting Off by Itself

pphx459

Hi, I have been having this ongoing problem where the lights just shut of by itself, almost like the USB has been disconnected except the keyboard still works. There is a x on the CUE icon and I just need to close CUE and reopen it and the lights will turn back on and the profile will run again. If I just close CUE, the defaults red lights come on. I'm using the latest CUE. How do I fix this?

My Strafe MX Silent backlights were turning off after playing with the lighting options in CUE for a few seconds. I was also getting a keyboard malfunction indicator in CUE. After reading this thread, I plugged it straight into my laptop USB instead of going through my Lenovo USB 3.0 hub. Problem gone.:biggrin:

• 2 months later...

its been awhile... but it works fine on usb2.0 ports. However, I just swapped boards to Rampage V extreme edition 2, and there are no usb 2.0 ports in the back. Needless to say with 3.0 the issue is happening again. Is there something I can change in the bios ?

edit: nvm! usb 2.0 is on the back of the board, just located in a diff area. Using that now.

Archived