Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB spontanious sensitivity change

raakande

Mouse (or software) changes the sensitivity to about 2.5x (to ~4000dpi) from what I normally use suddenly every ~5-20 minutes. To change it back i need to go to the software or press the sniper button once. Any cure?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experiencing the very same thing, present on the firmware that came with the mouse as well as with the latest version available. Usually happens every 10-20 minutes similar to raakande, it always increases and is temporarily solved for me by manually on the mouse adjusting the dpi down and back up (down arrow + up arrow). Edited by kott

I unistalled the corsair software and the problem occurs less often... maybe once in an hour. This will be my last corsair product.

Did you try saving your settings to the mouse and not running CUE in the background?

That is how I noticed my issue (though it could also be the latest firmware).

I've since re-enabled running CUE with Windows Start (and thus in background) and will monitor.

BTW, Are you running Windows 10?

Did you try saving your settings to the mouse and not running CUE in the background?

That is how I noticed my issue (though it could also be the latest firmware).

I've since re-enabled running CUE with Windows Start (and thus in background) and will monitor.

BTW, Are you running Windows 10?

I don't think i saved anything to the mouse... i only adjusted the sensitivities and updated the firmware. I have win7 with latest updates.

Please file the issue with the Tech Support team on the website and provide system specs: CUE settings > advanced report and Logs if applicable.

We'll try to replicate the issue.

I've been using the M65 Pro for a week now using FW-2.02 on SW-1.16.42

I tried Starcraft 2 using DPI setting #3 set at 1800dpi.

This past week I didn't notice DPI changes so I haven't checked in CUE if it changes automatically. I'll try to replicate again, but get the ticket filed and we'll investigate the cause. Please do include in the ticket the motherboard model and USB port being used (USB view is a helpful tool to find the driver associated with the port used).

Okay I will. Thanks Jay.

Try sending the profile to the mouse and not letting CUE start with windows. That's what I had. then run SC2. I also disabled a lot of USB Enhanced Power Management and Selective Suspend settings in the registry though I haven't had a chance to fully test that one.

Has anyone had any luck either getting the random DPI changes to stop or has anyone heard from Corsair if they've had any luck replicating/fixing the problem? I've had this mouse for about a week now and I'm seriously considering sending it back because it is making playing CS:GO almost impossible since it happens randomly.

Has anyone had any luck either getting the random DPI changes to stop or has anyone heard from Corsair if they've had any luck replicating/fixing the problem? I've had this mouse for about a week now and I'm seriously considering sending it back because it is making playing CS:GO almost impossible since it happens randomly.

send it back

Yeah id like to hear back from people too. This just started happening to me aswell. So far its happened in Overwatch and CS:GO.

If its a software/firmware issue im more than happy to wait for a fix but if its a hardware issue it would be nice to know.

I have the same issue with the M65 RGB. I play a lot of Overwatch and have switched to a Logitech g502 Proteus Spectrum. I still like the feel of M65 better.

I also have a Corsair Scimitar that I use for WoW that has no performance issues at all (just feels a little too lightweight/cheap), I'm just not much of a fan of Corsair's mouse software. The CUE software is leaps and bounds better than the old mouse software, but it's a tad less user friendly than Razer's Synapse software for example.

I used to have more Corsair products in my rig, between the random drops in my Vengeance 2100 and H2100 headsets, and this mouse issue, I'm not so sure I want to invest in any more products (more so with peripherals, but I've already ditched my Corsair RAM and Neutron GTX SSD).

It just seems that quality has taken a dive in the recent years.

I'd appreciate if Corsair/Anyone else could let me know when the random dpi switching is fixed, I'd like to be a fan again.

I miss my white M95. More thumb buttons/great positioning of said buttons would be great to have again.

For the benefit of others (skip to possible cause/solution at the end)...

I have a M65 Pro RGB, got it about 2 weeks ago. Latest CUE software, latest firmware. I was having the exact issue described in this thread - sensitivity would randomly increase for no reason. The only thing that would correct it was to cycle the DPI settings up and down to restore it, or just unplug/replug. This happened anywhere from every 5 minutes or so to sometime 20 or 30 minutes. No real pattern other than it always seemed to happen when I was making very aggressive movements with the mouse. I do not know if this happened with all games, but it definitely happened with Overwatch.

I was basically using default CUE settings. 1000 mhz polling rate, and mouse set at 800 DPI as default. Windows mouse pointer setting was 6, with acceleration turned off.

I tried everything mentioned here and other places, saved profile to mouse and turned off CUE. Set all DPI settings to same value. etc. etc. Nothing worked.

I returned mouse last Friday and got a replacement (same model) - just to see if it was a hardware issue. The new mouse did exactly the same thing.

So backstory done. On to solution...

I use a K65 keyboard with the pass through USB, i.e. the keyboard has 2 USB connectors. The mouse is plugged into the keyboard and the connection passes through to the 2nd USB connector. I had both USB connectors plugged into my case's front USB ports. As a last stab at trying anything that might work (I really like this mouse otherwise) I tried plugging the 2 USB connectors into my motherboards rear USB ports...

Boom. Problem gone.

Hypothesis: This problem is likely due to either poor connection on some USB ports, shoddy wiring on some cases between the case supplied connectors and the motherboard USB headers, or simply having 3 separate jacks between the mouse and the MB (one on the keyboard, one on the case, and one at the MB header). Combine that with the (relatively) high data load the mouse puts on the USB port, and you get occasional USB noise/dropout/crosstalk/whatever and the mouse goes wonky...

Solution: Try plugging DIRECTLY into your motherboards rear USB jacks. No hubs, no case jacks, straight into the MB. If one port doesn't work, try another. Mine works like this using the pass-through USB on the keyboard, but if all else fails try plugging the mouse straight into the MB itself. You'll probably get it to behave doing one of these.

Hope this helps someone.

• Confused 1

For the benefit of others (skip to possible cause/solution at the end)...

I have a M65 Pro RGB, got it about 2 weeks ago. Latest CUE software, latest firmware. I was having the exact issue described in this thread - sensitivity would randomly increase for no reason. The only thing that would correct it was to cycle the DPI settings up and down to restore it, or just unplug/replug. This happened anywhere from every 5 minutes or so to sometime 20 or 30 minutes. No real pattern other than it always seemed to happen when I was making very aggressive movements with the mouse. I do not know if this happened with all games, but it definitely happened with Overwatch.

I was basically using default CUE settings. 1000 mhz polling rate, and mouse set at 800 DPI as default. Windows mouse pointer setting was 6, with acceleration turned off.

I tried everything mentioned here and other places, saved profile to mouse and turned off CUE. Set all DPI settings to same value. etc. etc. Nothing worked.

I returned mouse last Friday and got a replacement (same model) - just to see if it was a hardware issue. The new mouse did exactly the same thing.

So backstory done. On to solution...

I use a K65 keyboard with the pass through USB, i.e. the keyboard has 2 USB connectors. The mouse is plugged into the keyboard and the connection passes through to the 2nd USB connector. I had both USB connectors plugged into my case's front USB ports. As a last stab at trying anything that might work (I really like this mouse otherwise) I tried plugging the 2 USB connectors into my motherboards rear USB ports...

Boom. Problem gone.

Hypothesis: This problem is likely due to either poor connection on some USB ports, shoddy wiring on some cases between the case supplied connectors and the motherboard USB headers, or simply having 3 separate jacks between the mouse and the MB (one on the keyboard, one on the case, and one at the MB header). Combine that with the (relatively) high data load the mouse puts on the USB port, and you get occasional USB noise/dropout/crosstalk/whatever and the mouse goes wonky...

Solution: Try plugging DIRECTLY into your motherboards rear USB jacks. No hubs, no case jacks, straight into the MB. If one port doesn't work, try another. Mine works like this using the pass-through USB on the keyboard, but if all else fails try plugging the mouse straight into the MB itself. You'll probably get it to behave doing one of these.

Hope this helps someone.

I always use the Motherboard USB connections. I've tried multiple usb ports on my motherboard, always the same issue.

I use a K70 red keyboard and did not try the on board usb port because I'd rather be plugged directly to a rear mobo port.

I appreciate the input

I think I have it now... So I realize now I had also changed up some in game settings in Overwatch at the same time I switched ports. I went back to my case ports and everything was still working...

I figured out the setting - definitively I think. If you set the mouse sensitivity in Overwatch (not in CUE or in Windows control panel - in the game itself) to 1 (lowest setting), the problem disappears. If you set it to ANYTHING else it starts behaving erratically again. I tried it multiple times, back and forth - it is definitely this setting cause the issue.

Catch is you have to set your in game DPI really really high to compensate. I was playing with it at 12000 and it was almost perfect, never glitched at all. But the sensitivity setting in Overwatch only kicks in when in a game, so you'll have to dial it down on the mouse when using the in-game menus and whatnot cause you can barely see the cursor move it's so twitchy :)

Anyway, this is certainly not a perfect solution, but it works. I suspect the problem with cs go some people reported is similar. It's not the mouse itself, it is how it interacts with these game's internal mouse sensitivity settings.

It is definitely not the ports since I also only use the rear ports. No hubs, no passthroughs and I've noticed it in Overwatch too (originally in Starcraft 2 but I don't play that anymore)

Is everyone here on Windows 10?

I wonder if it has something to do with USB Selective Suspend or the Enhanced Power Management (though in my case both are disabled, but maybe that's the problem too?)

Corsair approved an RMA for me but seeing here that it didn't fix the issue, I really don't want to go through the hassle for nothing.

I think I have it now... So I realize now I had also changed up some in game settings in Overwatch at the same time I switched ports. I went back to my case ports and everything was still working...

I figured out the setting - definitively I think. If you set the mouse sensitivity in Overwatch (not in CUE or in Windows control panel - in the game itself) to 1 (lowest setting), the problem disappears. If you set it to ANYTHING else it starts behaving erratically again. I tried it multiple times, back and forth - it is definitely this setting cause the issue.

Catch is you have to set your in game DPI really really high to compensate. I was playing with it at 12000 and it was almost perfect, never glitched at all. But the sensitivity setting in Overwatch only kicks in when in a game, so you'll have to dial it down on the mouse when using the in-game menus and whatnot cause you can barely see the cursor move it's so twitchy :)

Anyway, this is certainly not a perfect solution, but it works. I suspect the problem with cs go some people reported is similar. It's not the mouse itself, it is how it interacts with these game's internal mouse sensitivity settings.

I wonder if yours is more of a bandaid fix in that you had to set the mouse sensitivity to MAX (12000 DPI). So it seems if your sensitivity is 2500 or higher you don't get the issue, but if it's below 2500, then it seems to reset to 2500 (my guess, but that's how it feel when it changes, like it got to around 2500)

Let's try to figure out the common thing (other than the M65 RGB Pro) that is causing this for us because random DPI changes on Corsair mice has been an issue since 2012 it seem s.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7

USB Port: Motherboard Rear USB3

Other USB Devices:

Steam Controller Receiver

Logitech G930 Receiver

2x Saitek Cyborg amBX Gaming Lights

USB 3.0 Hub

Microsoft Xbox 360 Receiver

Vengeance K70 Keyboard

To anyone that is having DPI issues on ANY Corsair Mice that interacts with CUE. Please try your mice in a intel USB port. But which I mean in a USB port that is directly controlled by the intel chipset, and not something like a ASmedia addon controller. Yes there is a difference.

To anyone that is having DPI issues on ANY Corsair Mice that interacts with CUE. Please try your mice in a intel USB port. But which I mean in a USB port that is directly controlled by the intel chipset, and not something like a ASmedia addon controller. Yes there is a difference.

Mine is straight into a Intel USB 3.0 port on the back of the motherboard.

I wonder if yours is more of a bandaid fix in that you had to set the mouse sensitivity to MAX (12000 DPI). So it seems if your sensitivity is 2500 or higher you don't get the issue, but if it's below 2500, then it seems to reset to 2500 (my guess, but that's how it feel when it changes, like it got to around 2500)

Possible. I would just recommend that anyone having this problem with Overwatch specifically try setting the in game sensitivity to 1 and then work from there. The issue seems to be triggered by that setting, at least on my rig.

Ill play with it some more to get my settings dialed in, but Im just happy it is working now. Even the DPI adjustment and sniper button all work flawlessly now, the only issue is with sensitivity set to 1 in overwatch the DPI and/or sensitivity in CUE have to be cranked up really high to compensate for it.

I suspect the in game sensitivity is some kind of multiplier, and setting it to 1 just turns it off. Whatever it does when it is on, it makes the mouse go bananas.

ps. It is definitely not resetting to 2500 now that I think about it... At 2500, with the in game sensitivity set to 1, the mouse barely moves. It is odd though, because you would think at 12000 it would be ridiculously twitchy, but it isn't - at all. My problem now is actually getting it to respond faster - it is always _slightly_ too slow for me. I suspect you are right though, this doesn't fix it - it just masks the underlying problem somehow.

Edited by galvanash

Reading through all the post it definitely seems to be something with games like Overwatch and CS:GO specifically thats causing this. I have not noticed any weird activity during normal desktop use, in minecraft, or DayZ all of which I have my DPI set to 1500. In Overwatch and CS:GO I have it set to 800.

So is this definitely a software thing though? No need to go through the process of trying to get a replacement?

Edited by MUSE_iC

So is this definitely a software thing though? No need to go through the process of trying to get a replacement?

I dont know for sure, but I have tried 2 different brand new M65 Pros and both behaved exactly the same in Overwatch (random sensitivity increases).

What I would like to know is if ANYONE with the M65 does NOT have this problem with Overwatch. If it works without jacking with the in game mouse sensivity for anyone, then we need to figure out whats different with their system then ours (the ones experiencing the problem).

This is how I have mine set up now in CUE:

DPI Assignments (1-5): 400, 6000, 8000, 10000, 12000

Sniper DPI: 400

Pointer Speed: 15 (4 notches from fastest)

Enhanced Pointer Precision and Angle Snap: Disabled

When setup like this, and with the mouse sensitivity in Overwatch set to 1, there is never any random sensitivity changes. I usually play on DPI setting 2 or 3, and I use 1 (or just use the snipper button) to navigate the menus and whatnot.

I just played like 4 hours straight so it definitely works.

If you reduce the pointer speed, you'll have to increase the DPI, and vice versa. At 15, 6000-8000 DPI seems best for me, but Im sure it will be different for others.

Edited by galvanash