Corsair Community

Has anyone tried to pair a K83 with a Raspberry Pi yet?

Strafe

Wired works fine, I haven't tried 2.4 with the dongle because I want Bluetooth to work.

First I tried from within the RetroPie Bluetooth menu tool. The keyboard is visible, but whatever method selected, I get an authentication was cancelled message.

Next I tried via command line, using bluetoothctl. I use the following commands:

pair mac address

trust mac address

connect mac address

All succeed, and the keyboard appears in my devices list as CORSAIR K83 WRL KB. However, the blue light never stops blinking on the keyboard itself. I'm never asked for a pin (even when I don't use the trust command) and I'm wondering if that's part of the problem. Trying to find documentation for the agent command in bluetoothctl now.

Any ideas?

Edited by Strafe

• 4 months later...

Hello Strafe and all,

Were you successful in getting the K83 paired to the Raspberry Pi? I am currently having the same trouble and would love some assistance if possible. I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 B+.

When I try to pair, I get no prompt giving me a security pin to enter on the keyboard and the BT on the Pi crashes, forcing me to reboot the Pi if I want to try again.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

• 4 months later...

I got it working after a whole night of nothing but testing.

Use Touchctl in shell, remove any trace of previously registered K83 entries and keep trying.

Eventually it will tell you to enter the pin.

Mind you i got it working with an Asus Bluetooth dongle i had lying around, i don't think that is needed but i simply dident have the patience for trying without after i finely got it working.

I don't know why it doesn't ask for pin every time but i seem to get it to every 10th or so try.

After it has been paired correctly there should be no problems reconnecting it again.