The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2017, 01:37 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932528
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Lima View Post
RGB all dancing in perfect harmony with my Lighting Node Pro
I have recently added another NoPro to power 4 strips behind my monitors and under my desk and linked to LINK

works well enough and as i still have a nother NoPro spare i may get another 4 strips for behind the tv on the wall lol...

Old 01-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Gaming Geek - Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933219
Whisky Lima Reputation: 13

Nice setup Zotty! I have previously had light behind my monitor however my screen is wall mounted and the lighting ended up being a bit OTT so I decided to go for under-lighting for my case instead. I just got the ST100 for Christmas so thats basically my setup complete.. for now ;) Happy New year to the Corsair Team too, keep up the good work guys you are doing 100% better than Razor ;p

Old 01-01-2018, 09:22 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933221

Quote:
however my screen is wall mounted and the lighting ended up being a bit OTT so I decided to go for under-lighting for my case instead

Thanks dude

I now have mine on a single bracket. The monitors being that bit higher has made it brighter so i have dimmed them a bit in link lol. and I already have strips under my 570x lol.. running x16 strips in total now!..

Old 01-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Gaming Geek - Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Thanks dude

I now have mine on a single bracket. The monitors being that bit higher has made it brighter so i have dimmed them a bit in link lol. and I already have strips under my 570x lol.. running x16 strips in total now!..

16 Strips! Wow, I haven't got any more slots available unfortunately. I had considered buying a commander pro but haven't decided if it's important enough yet. I have 1 LNP with 2 HD120 fans in one slot and the LED's in the other. I did have a problem with my first LNP so corsair sent out a new one and now I have 8 light strips but I'm not using all of them at the moment. I did manage a basic hack to get my LNP to use 5 strips in one port by making a splitter cable and hooking up two strips at the end of the loop, but I don't dare try any more than that in case it kills it ha ha

Old 01-05-2018, 05:10 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933911

Yeah I get what you are saying dude.. You can run 8 strips from one channel and You tell link they are LL fans.. but I fear the load 8 would place on one channel so I havnt done it my self...

Last edited by Zotty; 01-12-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:35 AM
Gaming Geek - Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934852

Quote:
Yeah I get what you are saying dude.. You can run 8 strips from one channel of You tell link they are 'LL fans.. but I fear the load 8 would place on one channel so I havnt done it my self...
Well I can confirm that using 7 strips this way does indeed work without the need for any modification at all.. so what gives? Why don't they make it so you can just daisy 8 strips on each channel?

EDIT: I should point out the only reason I don't have 8 strips is because there was a slight.. erm.. accident with one of my strips and I blew it up (in the name of science though). Subsequently I can confirm you definitely can't plug the led strips into the led fan controller..

Last edited by Whisky Lima; 01-11-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:11 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934937

Quote:
EDIT: I should point out the only reason I don't have 8 strips is because there was a slight.. erm.. accident with one of my strips and I blew it up (in the name of science though). Subsequently I can confirm you definitely can't plug the led strips into the led fan controller..
LOL!! now that I like.. I cant help but respect you now dude!... did the hub survive?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:29 AM
Gaming Geek - Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934999

Quote:
LOL!! now that I like.. I cant help but respect you now dude!... did the hub survive?
Yeah man the hub is fine! Basically the strip lit up for about half a second but it wasn't rainbow coloured as you would expect, it was kind of a yellowish - I'm burning as opposed to lighting - kind of colour. then the lights fizzled and went off. Obviously I unplugged the sata power as soon as I knew something wasn't right but by then it was far too late and all of the leds had popped completely. What we do in the name of science hu?

Old 01-12-2018, 12:52 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935083

Quote:
Yeah man the hub is fine! Basically the strip lit up for about half a second but it wasn't rainbow coloured as you would expect, it was kind of a yellowish - I'm burning as opposed to lighting - kind of colour. then the lights fizzled and went off. Obviously I unplugged the sata power as soon as I knew something wasn't right but by then it was far too late and all of the leds had popped completely. What we do in the name of science hu?
Excellent lol.. my Hero! and yeah.... a man has to do what a man has to do and you are certainly braver than i am lol

lesson learnt eh

Old 01-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Gaming Geek - Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935559

Quote:
Excellent lol.. my Hero! and yeah.... a man has to do what a man has to do and you are certainly braver than i am lol

lesson learnt eh
Well i'm not sure if it is brave or foolish but when I get an idea in my head, I have to run with it or it would drive me crazy!

Old 01-15-2018, 10:21 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935561

Quote:
Well i'm not sure if it is brave or foolish but when I get an idea in my head, I have to run with it or it would drive me crazy!
which reminds me... i must add this as a 'not' to in my help thread lol.. clickly the linky in my siggy ;)

Old 01-16-2018, 04:59 AM
Gaming Geek - Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935705

Nice work! I have just realised I have actually read that thread to find out if you could use the leds in the fan hub.. what are the odds?! Now you just need to go back in time a little and slip that in there so I can read it and then I will have 8 strips instead of 7...

Old 01-16-2018, 05:47 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935708

Quote:
Nice work! I have just realised I have actually read that thread to find out if you could use the leds in the fan hub.. what are the odds?! Now you just need to go back in time a little and slip that in there so I can read it and then I will have 8 strips instead of 7...
LOL... if only eh......

Old 01-16-2018, 12:13 PM
Gaming Geek - Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935755

Like this please Corsair James!

EDIT: made the image smaller

Last edited by Whisky Lima; 01-16-2018 at 02:00 PM. Reason: too big

Old 01-21-2018, 02:21 PM

POST ID # = 936539
denym_ Reputation: 10

Hey there,

just finished my 570x build with LL120s... SO sync it will be a new tool right? Any information when it will be out?

I guess the ripple effect from keyboard through mousepad to the LL120s is not possible yet?

Hope someone has some insight.

best regards
denym_

Closed Thread