Corsair Community

No rainbows/etc on lock/logout/bootup for Vengeance RGB right ?

Darkness1015

To do this....

1. In iCUE you would not apply any lighting effects to the ram. meaning they are off,

2. Then you would enable 'Full software control' in the settings tab for the ram.

3. Then apply your effect to the Ram.

This would mean that when iCUE is running You would have effects.. when not running the ram would not be lit. so locked/sleep/hibernate/off = no Ram Lighting ;)..

Hope this helps Buddy.

To do this....

1. In iCUE you would not apply any lighting effects to the ram. meaning they are off,

2. Then you would enable 'Full software control' in the settings tab for the ram.

3. Then apply your effect to the Ram.

This would mean that when iCUE is running You would have effects.. when not running the ram would not be lit. so locked/sleep/hibernate/off = no Ram Lighting ;)..

Hope this helps Buddy.

Hey, as you are mentioning it:

How come my 2 RAM (Vengenace RGB PRO) modules are glowing white when I put my PC into standby (not sure what it is called, in Win10 you got 3 options: turning PC completely off, restart and standby).

iCUE is active and working (and full control is enabled) when PC is turned on but when I put it in standby they don't turn off but stay white.

This is very interesting, because before I reinstalled Win10 Pro (that was 3 days ago) the RAM would turn off when I put my PC into standby.

NO, I did not change any settings in BIOS before or after the Windows installation so I can not imagine it has something to do with it (I can be wrong though).

Any clues?

Edit:

newest iCUE, newest BIOS, newest FW for RAM

Hey, as you are mentioning it:

How come my 2 RAM (Vengenace RGB PRO) modules are glowing white when I put my PC into standby (not sure what it is called, in Win10 you got 3 options: turning PC completely off, restart and standby).

iCUE is active and working (and full control is enabled) when PC is turned on but when I put it in standby they don't turn off but stay white.

This is very interesting, because before I reinstalled Win10 Pro (that was 3 days ago) the RAM would turn off when I put my PC into standby.

NO, I did not change any settings in BIOS before or after the Windows installation so I can not imagine it has something to do with it (I can be wrong though).

Any clues?

Edit:

newest iCUE, newest BIOS, newest FW for RAM

What did you set the Hardware Profile for the RAM to before switching to full software control mode?

What did you set the Hardware Profile for the RAM to before switching to full software control mode?

^^ this...

it needs to be showing as not lit before you apply full software control buddy,

I think you guys are right... this time after installing iCUE I was surprised where my profiles for my RAM went and created a new effect before I realized I did not turn on "full access". AFAIK I did not create any profiles (in non full access mode) the last time and that is why the LEDs on the RAM turned off when in standby.

So I deleted the profiles I created before turning on full access and will reply tomorrow when I'm at home.

Thanks guys for the quick reply though

Edit:---------------------------------------

Apparently you guys were right. After deleting the profiles from non-full-access the RAM goes to sleep with all the LEDs off.

One more question: Is it possible to save a profile the RAM while iCUE is not running?

Basically giving the RAM a standard mode while iCUE is not running e.g. when the PC is booting or something along those lines.

Archived