Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro Series H100i suddenly dead

one_boi

Hello everyone,

Im with this situation with my corsair H100i.

It worked fine for about 4 years and now after a 2 months PC break with no powerup , im booting it up and im getting CPU fan error and CPU overtemperature error. Also the pump unit LED flashes through colors(white,blue,red). PC wont get to windows due to overtemperature.

Inside BIOS, CPU temperature rises from 50°C and higher ´till the system shuts down itself.

I ve always ran it with the CPU_FAN 3 to 4 pin port on the motherboard.

Specs:

ASUS P6T

I7 920 (was running oc @3.6ghz ,tried default settings too)

G.Skill 6gb

XFX750W

GTX780

bunch of WD and an EVO

I cound´t find the FAN control on BIOS to set it to 12v, but for 4 years, the unit worked very well.

Is the pump dead? Could it be that the 2 month break stucked the fluid or so?

Thank in advance.

But could it be for it to stop working just like that after 2 months of NO use at all?

I mean, what if I leave it running just SATA plugged for a while, will it help to move around the cooling fluid and i dont know, maybe flick some internal piece or so? Im not in the USA so the RMA option is complicated. Im trying to be sure its dead before thinking of a replacement.

Cheers

Generally speaking, most electronic failures are going to occur at power on. If you did not have the CPU_FAN error, I would suggest trying to shake things up a bit and see if this was a temporary blockage of some type. However, the lack of feedback signal from the CPU fan header means something has gone wrong electronically or mechanically. Contact Corsair through the link provided above or start shopping for a new one. Obviously you are in a zero use state at this point.

Yes, it's not the paste. The CPU fan error is the smoking gun. Those rarely end well. Unfortunately, this is often what happens when an electronic device goes. One day fine, the next day poof. Mechanical failures usually give you some warning with odd noises and diminishing performance, but electric failures are sudden. Your model lasted 4 years which is not bad. I've had other branded models do this at 6 months -- twice in a row.

yeah i know it lasted for a while but this kind of stuff are too expensive when you dont live in the USA so im always trying to save-repair before even thinking in a replacement.

I might even relocate once more an literally shake the pump unit to make sure its not mechanical issue. Not even a word about open it and cleaning the pump what im not going to do.

Thanks for replying.

Archived