Corsair Community

Dead Force 160gb, purchased 9th january.

Hi Corsair.

Unfortunatly my SSD has died. I have tried it on every SATA port in my PC and also in my latop (which also has a Force drive). None of them detect the SSD.

This is what i did the day it crashed my PC and died.

1. Installed Windows 7 SP1 in the afternoon

2. Left my computer on all night converting a few home made videos with Handbrake.

3. Woke up next morning to a BSOD x000000F4

Now after i got home from work today i took out the drive and tested it on every SATA port i have on my P67A-UD7 motherbaord. It wasn't detected. I then took out the drive and tested it in my laptop - Not detected. I put it in a HDD case and connected via USB - Not Detected :(.

My personal non-technical oppinion is that the drive is dead. I have 2 other drives in my desktop (Cavier Black 640gb) which work perfectly fine.

I can't get the drive to be recognised, does anyone know why, or have any ideas? I have a backup of all my important data, but the downtime will be extremely frustrating. I guess i'll finish by saying that when the drive was working i was extremely happy with it's performance and responsiveness. These things happen and i don't blame Corsair for the issue. I would just like to know what are my options? Do i contact the online retailer i purchased the drive fomr or does Corsair take defective drives via an RMA.

Thank you

Annoyed, but happy corsair user :p:

Archived