Corsair Community

Please help with h150i

thatgreg

Working on my build right now

I have the 500d se rgb, and the h150i pro.

Im looking to use the already mounted ll120 fans with the radiator so that the fans are where they are originally places and the radiator behind it.

But I cant figure out how to mount the radiator behind..do i need to remove the ll120s off the front?

thanks

You need to use the ~30mm 6-32 long machine screws that came with the H150i. The longer screw will go through the case mounting rail, 25mm fan, and then 1-2mm into the radiator. It takes some practice. Start with the top fan and thread the long screws through while using your other hand to hold the radiator in place. Once the top one is in, slipping the other 2 should be easier.

You need to use the ~30mm 6-32 long machine screws that came with the H150i. The longer screw will go through the case mounting rail, 25mm fan, and then 1-2mm into the radiator. It takes some practice. Start with the top fan and thread the long screws through while using your other hand to hold the radiator in place. Once the top one is in, slipping the other 2 should be easier.

ahhh so take out the front mounting bracket that has all the attached fans and then replace the short screws with the longer ones. correct?

thanks

Yes, for that mount type (radiator <- fan <- case), the long screws hold it all. You won't need the short ones. I forgot the HD500 has a fan tray and I have not worked with that case. There are quite a few owners on here, so perhaps one of them has more specific case advice. All of these installs work better if you have more than 2 hands.

Yes, for that mount type (radiator <- fan <- case), the long screws hold it all. You won't need the short ones. I forgot the HD500 has a fan tray and I have not worked with that case. There are quite a few owners on here, so perhaps one of them has more specific case advice. All of these installs work better if you have more than 2 hands.

got it setup! thanks for the help

Archived