Corsair Community

how to setup 330R and H100i, push/pull and filtering

roused

Im doing a new build using Carbide 330R black edition and want to add the H100I v2. I do ahve some questions that i hope you can assist with. According to the sales pitch they should be compatible, however after some closer viewing it seems a few hurdles need to be dealt with.

The case is assumed to be pushing air in the top aswell as back, however the H100i v2 would prefer pulling.... The subsequent challenge is then that the top dont effectively have a filter so if i set it up for pulling the case will be full of dust in no time.

Anyone with some proper built expertise that can provide me with some experience ?

This picture was the inspiration for my choice of hardware: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/~/media/5AFE987D7BCD47D0A40DC0CE4197E615.ashx?w=780

As far as I know, the top is the only possible place to mount the 240mm H100i v2. I don't know what your intended uses are, but if there is any GPU component to it I would recommend you use the top and rear as exhaust -- as pictured in the diagram. Trying to get CPU and GPU heat out through a single 120mm fan is going to be a bottleneck.

Typically you don't need dust filters for exhaust ports. If you have some special environmental conditions, that is another matter, but putting a filter over the top of the radiator will have some measure of consequence to your coolant and ultimately CPU temperatures. The only place you may want a filter is on the front intake.

Archived