Corsair Community

Force 3 180 GB - low read speak on areas where sth is written

clarity

Hi,

I've just recently bought a Force 3 180GB ssd drive and am now observing some strange behaviour. Namely, when testing with HD Tune I see quite a drop in read speed over areas of the disk where there is actual some data written.

I've attached some screenshots of this. On the 18th of Feb (2nd screenshot) I've copied over another 15gb or so of data and again, one can easily see the drop in read speed. This stays consistent over time, ie, next day it is the same.

The drive is in HP 8510w laptop (sata 2 only). OS is Win 7 64 bit.

I've also tried it in another desktop computer with same results.

It is on 1.3.3. firmware.

Is this the supposed behaviour of these drives or is there something faulty with it?

Thanks!

17-February-2012_07-53.png.08e5f774676c89266ea8cd861a36cb8f.png

18-February-2012_23-15.png.cc31ab97d14e9aaaf9e7e34c6807fda2.png

Thank you Killer_k for your suggestion. However, since hd tune does not show this discrepancy on other ssd drives, as well as according to this link - http://thessdreview.com/our-reviews/corsair-force-series-3-120-gb-ssd-sata-3-review-hdtune-pro-testing/ not even on force 3 120gb, you cannot blame the benchmark for this.

ATTO benchmark would never show if the problem was just on some areas of the disk, I believe.

I have the exact drive and mine does the same thing on sata 3. I drop to 170 mb/s on data areas and 500mb/s on empty. Avg about 400mb/s. Looks way more jagged on mine than yours. I'm thinking now it's normal for our drives to read this way on hdtune. There is also a review of the 180 gb force 3 online now, and in the review it does the same thing.

Archived