Corsair Community

M90 Software Bugs and Functionality thread

persentio

Hi guys,

I was thinking that instead of blowing hot air over the bugs present, we could instead help Corsair out by listing all bugs we might find, as well as our concerns for additional functionalities to be implemented in the software.

I hope its OK to consolidate user concerns here for easy reference.

For now, this thread is restricted to the M90 mouse; but could also apply to the M60!

BUGS LIST:

- Assigning the SHIFT key as a Macro is buggy. Despite trying different combinations of "Play once" or "Press and hold continuous play", the Shift function remains held and I cannot deactivate it and it bugs up the entire program. I have to either press the keyboard SHIFT key or close the program in which the macro was initiated in order for it to be stopped. This does not happen when I record and assign alpha-numeric keys. (They sustain being pressed and 'deactivate' correctly as per the Macro). The same can be said for mapping CTRL and ALT functions.

- When in SOFTWARE playback mode, the M90 seems to still forget its current profile settings and requires a change of profile / DPI setting to get everything reconfigured properly again. This does not happen if Hardware Playback is enabled and properly configured!

- Several differing issues when the mouse powers off. It could 'forget' its profile settings after a system restart / shutdown and you need to re-apply the profile from the Configurator again to get it running as configured. It could also stop working properly altogether if recovering from Hibernation. ---> FIXED if you enable Hardware Playback via Beta 2.12 Software!

- Profile LED assignments do not work properly. ---> FIXED with Beta 2.12 Software (You MUST enable hardware playback, and use the MOUSE MACRO BUTTONS to change the profiles. By default, these are Buttons 10 and 11)

- The Forward and Back buttons retain their default commands even though they are assigned other different functions (resulting in the execution of Forward / Back in addition to the new function) ---> FIXED with Beta 2.12 Software!

- Macros do not function properly for certain applications / games. --> FIXED with Beta 2.12 Software's Hardware Playback!

FUNCTIONALITY WISHLIST:

- Allow binding of keyboard keys to the Macro buttons so that they simulate keyboard keystrokes. (Macros do NOT act the same way... This video shows an actual keypress versus a Macro simulated keypress with no delays in the macro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpWchNn8qo)

- Allow recording of Mouse clicks (Left / Right / Middle) as Macro commands

- Allow non interruption of macros when a key stroke is pressed / or another macro is pressed

- Have an option to enable / disable Acceleration

- Allow "stacking" of Mouse button functions (E.g. Being able to combine the SHIFT key with the Sniper temporary DPI switch by pressing only 1 button allows you to both Steady your scope and maintain precise control in Battlefield 3)

- Have a "reset mouse" function to restore it to a factory state. ---> FIRMWARE FLASHES AVAILABLE

<<<< BETA 2.12 UPDATES >>>>

BUG: Saving to profile / Changing certain parameters to the M90 via the software has the potential to brick mouse. (Mine did at least)

BUG: Enabling Hardware Playback causes a plethora of unwanted and bugged behavior ----> REFER TO THIS THREAD FOR EXPLANATIONS AND SOLUTIONS: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=103683

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not heard about single game where it works, only what i see are threads over forums where people complain that it dont work at all..

So it is useless to gather bug reports for something that is not working at all :0

_____

And a gaming mouse without this?

- Have an option to enable / disable Acceleration

:D

I have not heard about single game where it works, only what i see are threads over forums where people complain that it dont work at all..

So it is useless to gather bug reports for something that is not working at all :0

I presume this is because a huge majority of people will be posting and complaining about how the mouse does NOT work; and not about how it DOES work.

Hence, what you naturally get is a swell of games that apparently don't work with the software well, and you get little to no coverage of games that do unless some people do contribute to that.

For the record, macros DO work in Starcraft 2. The only issue I have discovered so far is with the Shift key (and the problem applies to not just in-game but in Windows as well)

I've already started a software bug thread a while back, but I'm glad to see the subject continue to be "bumped." Someone started a hardware complaints thread well before mine, but I figured it would be best to stick to issues that were immediately fixable.

Let's hope we get a software update soon because I think I'm past my 30-day return date. I can't use mine at all due to the software bugs so I have to use my old mouse. I really like this m90 and suspect those complaining about button placement, etc. are forgetting that like any new peripheral there will be some degree of muscle memory training or... 'getting used to.' I will admit, though, it would be a bit nicer if the side buttons were a little tighter together around the thumb

So, I am able to bind the mouse buttons and they work properly in Dota 2. However, I have a weird bug:

I bound mouse 5 to numpad 4 (this is an item hotkey slot in Dota 1) and then in Dota 2 bound the same item slot to numpad 4. However, when I press the mouse 5 button, it sends the num4 command as well as a left arrow (which is the same key with numlock off), so in game I see my item activate, but the camera also jumps to the left a bit as if I pressed left arrow.

Expected: pressing mouse button activates item through num4.

Actual: pressing mouse button sends both num4 and left arrow, activating item and moving screen to the left.

This does not happen if I just press num4 on the keyboard.

I have overseen this threat when I posted my findings about the Beta 2.12 Software last night in the german support-section.

In addition to the issues already posted I found 2 new ones:

-activating "hardware playback" can lead to games not recognizing bound keys/macros. So I can choose now to be able to define my ptt-key for TS3 or use macros/key-assignments in wow.

-when recording a macro keyboard localizations are ignored. Probably unnoticed by users with US-keyboards but annoying for users with non-US-keyboardlayout.

FIXED with Beta 2.12 Software's Hardware Playback!

You can add that with Vista x64 home basic the mouse wheel dies when you turn on the hardware playback..

Also when you create new profile, the macro recording just stop working.

(I have now read the tip in different thread that you have to press the MR key , then select key on the mouse and then record)

Today i will give my last fight with the drivers, and if i don't make it working i will return the mouse tomorrow morning.

Mouse is very well build, but the software and drivers are catastrophic!!!!

Honestly, you should fire the QA Manager that had / or have the responsibility over this.

THere were definitely no "usability" tests with the software at all. Also the bugs found are just too obvious.

Someone at Corsair did a very bad job

Well i finally got it to program buttons for me, but now no matter what profile i go to i cant click on anything. I have moved the mouses usb port to several different ones, i have rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, uninstalled the drivers from the system manually, still will not click on anything. Left mouse button was untouched. Any way to reset the mouse back to factory defaults? I am thinking it is just a bug in the firmware...

EDIT:

So after fiddling with the software for a long time, i was able to get the buttons to work but not the sensor, so it doesnt move but the buttons work. Thats fun, i ended up turning off hardware playback and the buttons started working but like i said, no sensor, now if i turn it back on it just stays that way, no movement but buttons are there. The profile selection light is also not working along with it.. Fun times :)

Edit2: Oh the fun continues... no its only right clicking on everything.. :) I found a bug i think some where.

Edit3: I blew away my configuration again, and got it working, now im able to use the mouse again but if i turn on hardware playback now (minimal settings, 2 profiles 1 change to 1 profile and the other is default) i lose movement, if i turn it off i gain everything back. Weird... This is if i go to Manage Profiles -> click on the LED column and select save to m90 at the bottom left. No matter what at the moment though the scroll wheel is a middle click or something, it likes to highlight lines at the moment, but this is only with hardware playback on, if i turn it off (i dont have to save) it scrolls like normal.

Hmmmm...i must be the lucky few with no problems with my K90 and M90....well so far anyways. I had about an hour to test games like SWTOR, BF3, BF:BC2, Crysis 2, and Skyrim and the macros/extra buttons work with the new beta software. Even the mute and volume controls work in my games now.

(I currently have my M90 connected to my K90 via that USB pass through).

Works great with SWTOR for me. I have wacky key strokes for my M90 and K90 like:

SHIFT>Down>1>SHIFT>Up = which basically uses the first power on my 3rd Quickslot page then goes back up to my 1st Quickslot page. Works great and no problems.

Very happy so far with the new software (Thanks Corsair) and its only gonna get better as the updates come rolling in. But feel bad with so many people having some crazy problems with theirs. Good luck you guys.

I am not really sure about the issue i am having, but i have no plans on getting rid of the mouse if I can get some help getting it working again. I am hopeful that the new drivers are going to fix a lot of my issues, swtor being one of the big games i wanted it for. Im not an angry customer like a lot of people, i just want it working eventually. I love new tech and enjoy going through problems and solving them, i just need a way to find out what is going on.

Hmmmm...i must be the lucky few with no problems with my K90 and M90....well so far anyways. I had about an hour to test games like SWTOR, BF3, BF:BC2, Crysis 2, and Skyrim and the macros/extra buttons work with the new beta software. Even the mute and volume controls work in my games now.

(I currently have my M90 connected to my K90 via that USB pass through).

Works great with SWTOR for me. I have wacky key strokes for my M90 and K90 like:

SHIFT>Down>1>SHIFT>Up = which basically uses the first power on my 3rd Quickslot page then goes back up to my 1st Quickslot page. Works great and no problems.

Very happy so far with the new software (Thanks Corsair) and its only gonna get better as the updates come rolling in. But feel bad with so many people having some crazy problems with theirs. Good luck you guys.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, and your husband, girlfriend works for Corsair right :D

You cannot bind shift or alt keys, so stop lying here.. kkthnx

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, and your husband, girlfriend works for Corsair right :D

You cannot bind shift or alt keys, so stop lying here.. kkthnx

No; you CAN bind Shift / Alt / Ctrl keys. It's just that they don't 'release' properly when the macro is set to a "play while key is sustained" mode where there is no "button up" macro programmed. Otherwise, they simply don't act properly as a real keypress would.

I can also confirm that Hardware playback DOES enable macros to work in those mentioned games now.

For users experiencing an unresponding sensor: have you tried to increase the "lift height"? I experienced strange cursor behavior with beta 2.12 (cursor was not properly responding to mouse movement) but increasing lift height from middle to high solved this issue.

[edit]

I'm back to v1.0 cause of the keyboard layout bug annoying me too much when I try to create macros.

For users experiencing an unresponding sensor: have you tried to increase the "lift height"? I experienced strange cursor behavior with beta 2.12 (cursor was not properly responding to mouse movement) but increasing lift height from middle to high solved this issue.

[edit]

I'm back to v1.0 cause of the keyboard layout bug annoying me too much when I try to create macros.

The "lift height" issue and fix was already there in v 1.0.

I think he means he is keeping his opening post updated with bugs/problems as we find and post them.

I'm just glad for the opportunity to bump this thread as I am looking forward to the next software update. My m90 sits on the shelf looking pretty. I hope it happens soon, though, because my last day to return this mouse is getting closer.

Need that held key-press function!!! Just give me 'Alt' on a thumb button and bug-free functionality of 'Shift+<whatever>' macros and I'll be happy.

I won't lie... I have not, but that is because I have been lurking on this forum since I bought the M90 and based on what everyone else has said and based on the replies I got from other consumers in my other posts the 2.12 won't do what I need it to do.

I've made several posts about this, but redundancy would be my pleasure in this case. I need the software to simulate a held key-press... in my case the 'Alt' key. Simulating a key-tap repeatedly does not provide me with the functionality I need. A simple example would be to open a notepad file and press and hold the 'Alt' key then repeatedly tap the 'Alt' key. You can clearly see how each method affects the drop down boxes up top differently.

To be more specific, I need to be able to press and hold 'Alt' then press another key at my leisure which can be any of the keys from 1 to =. Sometimes I do the opposite; press and hold a key on my 11 and a half year old nostromo, then tap the 'Alt' key. Currently, I am using a competitor's mouse that has only one single thumb button... and it's assigned as the 'Alt' key.

Also, I use Ventrilo... I suspect I don't need to explain that one since I've seen you reply to several posts regarding the use of Ventrilo and whatever that other program is that gamers use for push-to-talk type communication.

Furthermore, I have read several posts about 'Shift+<whatever>' macros not working so well and I have several macros I need to assign as such. The first software version had no problem creating this macro, but I couldn't get it to work in game. Although, I read the new version does address this issue...

Further still, I have read various posts regarding consumers having their brand new mouse "bricked" as an assumed result from installing the new software.

In summary, I'm hesitant to install the new software because it doesn't provide me with the held key-press simulation. I need to be able to assign one of the thumb buttons as a keyboard key and NOT as a macro. Also, I'm fearful I'll "brick" my gorgeous new mouse.

I am confident, however, that Corsair wants to be successful in their venture into this new gaming peripheral market so will not only recognize the necessity of providing software that will do what all competitor products have been able to do for years and years, but will do so hastily so as not to lose their already tenuous foothold on this highly demanding market.

I look forward to the next software release.

Archived