Corsair Community

K90 Not working during post

Sem

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee

I have not spoke to MSI as I was not aware they had the issue as well, but the issue was when the MB is in BIOS mode it will emulate the KB in a slightly different way then when its in Windows and only in 6 Bit verses 16 Bit in Windows and because of the "G" Keys the BIOS will emulate it incorrectly. I would contact MSI's support and give them a link to this thread and ask them to call me they know my number I will be happy to have our Engineer in Taiwan contact them directly. But this will need to be addressed with a BIOS update to fix it properly.

ASUS will solve this with their next BIOS release on the MB's that have been affected by this issue is what we have been told.

So for the time being you may want to keep a PS2 or other KB handy.

RAM GUY thank you for posting the update to the K90 1.19 Firmware.

I have tested it with the latest firmware and it does work inside the BIOS and during POST. I appreciate Corsair taking the time to troubleshoot and find a solution to this issue. I am now satisfied on how this was resolved.

I have not spoke to MSI as I was not aware they had the issue as well, but the issue was when the MB is in BIOS mode it will emulate the KB in a slightly different way then when its in Windows and only in 6 Bit verses 16 Bit in Windows and because of the "G" Keys the BIOS will emulate it incorrectly. I would contact MSI's support and give them a link to this thread and ask them to call me they know my number I will be happy to have our Engineer in Taiwan contact them directly. But this will need to be addressed with a BIOS update to fix it properly.

ASUS will solve this with their next BIOS release on the MB's that have been affected by this issue is what we have been told.

So for the time being you may want to keep a PS2 or other KB handy.

Thank You RAM GUY, I have contacted MSI via Online Technical Support, and told them to give you a call and the link to this article.

Thank You RAM GUY, I have contacted MSI via Online Technical Support, and told them to give you a call and the link to this article.

Good morning RAM GUY, I have just gotten a reply from MSI telling me to update my BIOS to the latest version , 1.81 via an attachment, as this BIOS is not on the actual product BIOS page. I have flashed the BIOS and tried to get into the BIOS using the K90 but it didn't work.

P.S Have they contacted you yet?

• 6 years later...