Corsair Community

H115i Pro RGB thinks it is a H115i Platinum!?

Moleyman69

Hi everyone,

I have a new build (not built by myself, by a reputable UK system builder).

I have done a few full clean Windows 10 Pro 64bit (v1809) installs but my problem persists...

If I right-click to Safely Remove Hardware (such as an external USB drive) there is an option to Eject H115i Platinum - but I have a H115i Pro RGB!

Also, in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus devices there is also a H115i Platinum listed - but I don't have one, just a H115i Pro RGB.

This happens across all my clean installs.

However, I did try to install the iCUE software and CorsairLink software and both of these display the cooler correctly as H115i Pro. Then, with the Corsair software installed the cooler is then no longer listed under the Safely Remove Hardware option - it has vanished. It is then also no longer incorrectly displayed in device Manager either.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

I was hoping to not have to run any of the Corsair software to be honest. I have been running an H100i on another PC for about 5 years without any of the Corsair software installed and it has performed brilliantly - so was hoping to do the same with my new PC.

If anyone is able to share any advice, guidance or tips I would be very grateful indeed.

Many thanks in advance,

Moley

Archived