Corsair Community

Corsair One Ti - Potential pump/noise issue

tommyshads

Hi All!

I received my Corsair One Pro Ti from Scan in the UK about 3 weeks ago.

System has been generally great but there does seem to be a consistent issue with the level of noise - a buzzing sound at above 40db at idle, which is getting to be unbearable for everyday use.

The noise at load is actually OK as the fan kicks in and covers it, and the noise seems to be from the pump.

I did a lot of research before buying the ONE and all reviews/user experience suggested that it should be completely quiet at idle.

I've created a quick video here (to be clear this is at idle, 30 seconds after turning PC on)...[ame=

]
[/ame]

Could someone from Corsair reach out and let me know if this is normal and what the best next steps would be?

Hi All!

I received my Corsair One Pro Ti from Scan in the UK about 3 weeks ago.

System has been generally great but there does seem to be a consistent issue with the level of noise - a buzzing sound at above 40db at idle, which is getting to be unbearable for everyday use.

The noise at load is actually OK as the fan kicks in and covers it, and the noise seems to be from the pump.

I did a lot of research before buying the ONE and all reviews/user experience suggested that it should be completely quiet at idle.

I've created a quick video here (to be clear this is at idle, 30 seconds after turning PC on)...

Could someone from Corsair reach out and let me know if this is normal and what the best next steps would be?

Did you get a response on this? My system sounds identical

• Corsair Employee

hey tommyshads, I recommend open a support ticket with us and have the unit exchange. If you are still within the return period with SCAN, contact them first.

As for the noise, at idle the system should not be this audible, at load or when anything intensive is running, the coolers need to work harder to dissipate heat, so the noise level will increase and that is perfectly normal.

Thanks StormShadow, we're aligned on coolers ramping up under load. The noise under load is actually tolerable because the fan noise kicks in and drowns out the pump! I'll always go for a whirr of a fan over a clicking pump.

I've escalated with Corsair support who are sending a replacement unit out. Thanks all for the help confirming the issue.

I did earlier today... not great news unfortunately.

Unfortunately there is little change in the new unit. I'm willing to accept people will have different tolerances for noise but it's clear that there is a broader issue here. You can bet that review units sent out in the original run did not sound like this, a number of reviewers were putting their ears to the unit and claiming they couldn't hear it!

I feel the current marketing is misleading, the main product page advertises 20db at idle (quieter than a whisper and virtually inaudible is the tagline) which by my experience and that of a number of others is simply not true.

I have had the same experience as you.

Twice I have received a Corsair One that is far from silent. The noise seems to be generated in the GPU cooling system. Corsair Link monitoring program reveals that the cooling system for the GPU is running at 2300 rpm at idle, whilst the CPU cooling system is running at 1200 rpm at idle.

I am about to give up. Very annoying considering what potential the Corsair One has.

• Corsair Employee
@Corsair - Could you get someone to reach out to me? After offering me another) replacement/refund 4 days ago you have gone awfully quiet (I have followed up three times in that period).

Reference 693347.

I've forwarded this to our customer support team. You should get a response within the next 24 hours (or less).

• 9 months later...

I had the same thing here. My first unit was really quiet, but it died. I got a replacement unit but it was loud. I got that replaced but was sent another unit that was loud. There is no point me trying to get this replaced because most likely I will get another loud unit.

I wish I could get my first unit back and try and fix it myself.

I guess there must have been a change of components from the first run of machines to the later run of machines. I wish someone could just explain what the source of the noise is and what I can do to fix it, but nobody seems to be able to tell my anything helpful to solve the problem. I feel misled by the marketing too, especially after having had a quiet unit. It was wonderful.

For the past few months have been waiting on Corsair to arrange a RMA for the reasons described above - I am not super confident a replacement will fix these issues, and am more concerned by the fact that retailers like SCAN are listing the One lineup as end of life - will attempt to call Corsair Support today to finally sort this out... Pray for me.

Archived