Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Ti is a disaster

torkelo

So I just got myself a brand spanking new Corsair One Pro Ti.

Mainly because it is supposed to be quiet.

However it is not. Quiet that is. There's a buzzing sound as if a fan or pump is running on bad bearings or just is broken somehow. Loudest PC i have ever owned... But if that noise was gone it would be the most silent, as it is supposed to be.

Also my screen is blank when I try to enter BIOS (to enable Wake on usb input), don't see any Post message or boot screen, just a blue screen as if there is no input to the monitor during post.

Also my Lenovo Yoga 910 feels faster and more responsive when clicking around inside Windows, it's also fairly new but if anything it should be slower.

Have seen I'm not alone with a noisy One Ti in Sweden, perhaps a bad batch?

Any thoughts on this? Have registered a ticket with Corsair but disappointment is massive. Hope this is solved...

So I just got myself a brand spanking new Corsair One Pro Ti.

Mainly because it is supposed to be quiet.

However it is not. Quiet that is. There's a buzzing sound as if a fan or pump is running on bad bearings or just is broken somehow. Loudest PC i have ever owned... But if that noise was gone it would be the most silent, as it is supposed to be.

Also my screen is blank when I try to enter BIOS (to enable Wake on usb input), don't see any Post message or boot screen, just a blue screen as if there is no input to the monitor during post.

Also my Lenovo Yoga 910 feels faster and more responsive when clicking around inside Windows, it's also fairly new but if anything it should be slower.

Have seen I'm not alone with a noisy One Ti in Sweden, perhaps a bad batch?

Any thoughts on this? Have registered a ticket with Corsair but disappointment is massive. Hope this is solved...

Like any other manufactured product, a percentage of them will be duds. I had two Corsair ONE's to test out, and both were very quiet. I posted decibel readings around here somewhere at idle and with fans at full 100%. You'll hear the full 100% fans somewhat, but they're not "loud" by any means, and they shouldn't be at 100% unless the system is under heavy load for a period of time and is heating up/requiring more cooling.

It definitely sounds like you got a dud. So...

If your system is loud or not performing well,

A) where did you buy it?

If not direct from Corsair, return it and buy direct from Corsair. There may be old stock still floating around other retailers from a manufacturer recall. Don't RMA through a retailer. Only RMA through Corsair - if you bought it direct from Corsair.

If you bought it from Corsair, follow through with the RMA. You should get a system that works.

B) If you really want feedback on what you're hearing, try recording and upload to Youtube 30 seconds of what you're hearing. Maybe use a decibel meter sound app. But, from what you're describing you got a system with a problem, so just get it RMA'd or rebuy one from Corsair.

C) For future reference, instead of saying the system feels slow, run benchmarks so it can be compared to expected performance. There are different benchmark results posted around the forum. Pick your poison (which benchmark software to use) then post and compare results. As it sounds like you have a system that should be RMA'd, I wouldn't bother running the benchmarks until you get a system that isn't behaving in an unexpected manner. :)

Good luck!

I just got my one pro ti this week and is absolutely quite I just hear something when I am next to it and my ear close to the fan other then that nothing. Under full load I can hear it silently after 30 min when it start to heat up. I really love this HW. Thanks Corsair. Had always Alienware before but that’s over now.

@RC_ONE, thanks for the tip. I just wanted to get something going fast. Audible fans are one thing and it won't bother me much, but this does. Yes it's a dud and it is purchased from a swedish online store, hopefully it will be sorted in time. Started it up just yesterday the first time. YT: [ame]
[/ame] noise is 40-41 dB close to the case and it's not a fan woosh but a broken pump kind of noise.

@RC_ONE, thanks for the tip. I just wanted to get something going fast. Audible fans are one thing and it won't bother me much, but this does. Yes it's a dud and it is purchased from a swedish online store, hopefully it will be sorted in time. Started it up just yesterday the first time. YT:
noise is 40-41 dB close to the case and it's not a fan woosh but a broken pump kind of noise.

That is loud. I hope Corsair helps you to solve this issue.

Yeah, as the others have pointed out that that doesn't sound right. Unless a Corsair rep suggests otherwise (they might or might not prefer you RMA swap with them for a new system so they can examine what went wrong with the dud), I would return it to the store for refund and purchase direct from Corsair so you get one of the systems with their updated manufacturing process.

Good luck :)

@RC_ONE, thanks for the tip. I just wanted to get something going fast. Audible fans are one thing and it won't bother me much, but this does. Yes it's a dud and it is purchased from a swedish online store, hopefully it will be sorted in time. Started it up just yesterday the first time. YT:
noise is 40-41 dB close to the case and it's not a fan woosh but a broken pump kind of noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out that the replacement unit is more or less as noisy. Perhaps a little less, but apart from that the supplied video card is wrong. On the package box it says, correctly, Corsair One Pro with a Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, but the actual card in the computer is a regular GTX 1080 8Gb. Serials match between the labels and unit.

So it's supposed to be a 1080 Ti but is a 1080. So there has been a mixup during assembly...wow! And it feels like RMA support doesn't really believe me...

The buzzing sound is from the fan cooling the circuits/vRAM on the graphics card, there are now numerous threads in this forum about the same buzzing sound.

I was a bit doubtful when switching back from a laptop to a tower. Doh!

I have similar experience with a newly purchased pro 1080Ti system and also been in contact with Corsair, which at first impressed me by shipping through a new pc. But I found out that the shipped system was with the regular 1080 and also informed Corsair about it, I rejected the delivery by UPS and now im just stuck waiting for news and a new system to be shipped, but Corsair apparently doesnt ship a new until the rejected unit comes back, so im in a loop.

that I dont find that great support wise.

A friend of mine purchased a similar setup like mine and his system is whisper silent just as advertised... mine is averaging at 49Db

Well it turns out that the replacement unit is more or less as noisy. Perhaps a little less, but apart from that the supplied video card is wrong. On the package box it says, correctly, Corsair One Pro with a Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, but the actual card in the computer is a regular GTX 1080 8Gb. Serials match between the labels and unit.

So it's supposed to be a 1080 Ti but is a 1080. So there has been a mixup during assembly...wow! And it feels like RMA support doesn't really believe me...

The buzzing sound is from the fan cooling the circuits/vRAM on the graphics card, there are now numerous threads in this forum about the same buzzing sound.

I was a bit doubtful when switching back from a laptop to a tower. Doh!

But I found out that the shipped system was with the regular 1080 and also informed Corsair about it, I rejected the delivery by UPS and now im just stuck waiting for news and a new system to be shipped, but Corsair apparently doesnt ship a new until the rejected unit comes back, so im in a loop.

Well, at least there is some comfort in knowing we're not alone about the problems...! And that there are units actually working properly!! I failed to check the replacement other than reading the label on the box (which was correct) so I accepted the delivery and is now waiting for my original unit to be processed by Corsair, hopefully I won't have to go into battle proving I bought One Pro Ti and not a regular One Pro. Stuck with a buzzing lower spec unit was not what I had in mind...

Hi Torkelo,

Can you send me your support ticket number? Let me see whats the status on your ticket.

Hi, thanks. Last I heard is that a prepaid return label will be sent to me to return the replacement unit, it would appear I managed to prove my point in the end. Support is doing the best they can I would say, after all. But it's good to have to possibility to get extra assistance with this down the road!

Please keep updated. I was about to buy a Corsair One but all those issues frighten me, I'm curious to see how it will end up for you.

After reading all the concerned threads it looks like the 1080 Ti cannot actually be embedded in the Corsair One without heat/noise issues.

Please keep updated. I was about to buy a Corsair One but all those issues frighten me, I'm curious to see how it will end up for you.

After reading all the concerned threads it looks like the 1080 Ti cannot actually be embedded in the Corsair One without heat/noise issues.

my C1 Pro has been running AOK from day one with the 1080TI...bought it back in September directly from Corsair...

As I wrote my friend bought one and his unit runs perfect and silent, mine has a db of 40+ at idle and also resonance coming through the floor so im mounting it on special rubber feet.

the new unit I just got has the same issues with sound/noise as the first one, so im waiting for a response on this matter. Frustrating..

I got the replacement, but they also charged me usd500 and the unit I got now is as loud as the first one. So im stuck with the same and usd500 less on my account. I havent heard back from Corsair yet and are waiting for their response and followup.

• Corsair Employee
I got the replacement, but they also charged me usd500 and the unit I got now is as loud as the first one. So im stuck with the same and usd500 less on my account. I havent heard back from Corsair yet and are waiting for their response and followup.

The collateral charge will be reimbursed once we receive the original defective unit. Please PM me your ticket number so I may check on the status of your ticket.

So I received the correct replacement a couple of days ago. More or less the same issue. As I don't have a decent microphone (and don't feel like buying audio equipment just to record flawed products...) I will use another video I found on youtube showing the exact behavior my replacement unit has:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-HxDfIJN5w[/ame]

It's only the last part of the video showing the noise level of the Corsair one but it's a good comparison.

Also, when I play a game it's very loud! The system fan revs up to over 1000 rpm after only a minute or so. This behavior didn't the original unit show.

Can someone confirm if the type of idle noise from the unit in the video is normal or not? In my opinion one of the most exclusive video cards there is shouldn't sound like this while idle. Looks like I'm opening a new ticket for the replacement unit..doh!

Archived