Corsair Community

Returning memory kit for the second time

Steph80

During the latter part of last year I build a new system leaving all BIOS settings in auto. The system run stable for about two/three months after which I started getting programme errors, windows BSoD ‘s etc. After investigating I found one of the four memory modules failed and got this returned.

After receiving the new kit I tested each individual module with Memtest and then all four together. I receive no errors during the test so was satisfied that the new kit was fine.

Now, after yet other two /three months, I’ve started getting programme errors, BSoD’s etc. Utilised Memtest again I found that one of the modules has failed.

I’m getting a replacement kit but am scared that something on my system is causing the memory to fail. How do I go about finding the cause or is it possible I just had another bad module?

• Corsair Employee
Memory normally does not fail this way and if we have some issue with the memory IC's that would suggest we would be getting a higher than normal or average amount of RMA requests for this part, and that is not the case the return rate for this class of part is less than .02% so its bellow average. I would suggest the MB maker to take a look at your MB and please contact our customer service and let them know the previous RMA# and we will replace them again.

Archived