Corsair Community

AX1500i Sudden Death and other issues

Ezequiel18

Hi Dear community, My name is Ezequiel

I'm posting here on the forums in order to get some help regarding my issue.

My AX1500i happened to deliverately stop working after turning off my machine and switching the switch to standby. After this it never went on again. I did all the relevant tests according to the instruction manual. Connecting the power cable without other modular connectors and pressing the "self test" button but there was no case. It no longer shows any lights for any reason. Obviously i've also tested it connected to the PC and there was no way to make it work. ( To discard Led malfunctioning )

There isn't also no burnt smell or any physical damage to the PSU.

I've tried to understand what happened to this PSU but i'm really clueless, Its not even 3 years i own it. and it died, Without Explosion or spark or even signal of being damaged. It was just turn off and it would never turn on again.

I'm worried about if i'm going to get help about this , since this is a really critical part of my pc and I will thank in advance for any attention and priority that can be given to this case. Since I have lost my work source environment and my personal computer because of this issue. I'm also far away from US so i feel really hopeless.

Have no current $$$ to replace my psu.

Best regards

Ezequiel

Document all your communication with Corsair.

I created an RMA the end of December 2017 for a 1500i, they received my DOA unit on 1/10/18 I have yet to receive a replacement or the promised refund.

Customer service will not reach out to you, you will have to initiate any/all communication, they will just let the RMA ticket sit silent.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I had an AX1200i, a couple months ago, it suddenly cut out and died. Got it replaced, however, the second started switching itself off randomly and then getting stuck in a bootloop cycle. RMA'd it. Do a Google search, a lot of AX series users have had the same issue. Shoddily built components and/or a design flaw in the AX series of PSU's. I have asked Scan to replace mine with this: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=389 It is cheaper but hopefully will not have the issues I've had with mine.

Archived