Corsair Community

Which Corsair PSU runs 100% silent?

politbureau

Need a recommendation for a model of Corsair PSU that will run truly silent.

I have owned 2x AX860i and am currently using an AX1200i, but all of these run at somewhat less than silent - both 860s buzzed terribly, and the 1200 both buzzes and the fan makes an audible clicking every 10-15s when conducting the 'fan obstruction test.'

I have read extensively enough about these issues to know that these are not isolated and exist in most if not all AX series power supplies, and am unwilling to play the RMA game.

I have however invested heavily in a Corsair Ecosystem, including a custom cable set, so despite reservations am looking for a recommendation on a replacement unit that will run truly silently.

For reference, the 6x LL120 fans in my system are running at 850rpm, at which level their sound signature is 100% inaudible in my setup. The only noise I can hear in my office space is the constant buzzing coming from the rear of the PSU, and the loud ticking every 10-15s from the PSU fan.

Based on my system specs, the HX850i or RM850i should be loads sufficient.

Can anyone comment on whether these units have buzzing problems or run a fan obstruction test?

Thanks!

Based on my system specs, the HX850i or RM850i should be loads sufficient.

Can anyone comment on whether these units have buzzing problems or run a fan obstruction test?

Had an Rm850i for 12 months now and mines silent.. fan has never needed to run that I know to.. I also have the LL fans and the Commander Pro and run in zero rpm mode most of the time. whole system is pretty silent tbh

Archived