Corsair Community

Can I use corsair vengeance RGB and LED together

mjordan86

Hi I am currently running on 2 (2x8GB) = 16GB corsair vengeance LED 3200Mhz on ASUS ROG Strix x99 gaming motherboard.

Can I check if I can add on another 2 (2x8GB) = 16GB corsair vengeance RGB 3200Mhz - (PC4-25600) C16 -Intel 100/200 Series PC memory CMR16GX4M2C3200C16?

1. Will the RGB work despite two being LED and two being RGB? Meaning can the RGB lights still change? And LED breathe?

2. Will the ram work despite being of different versions?

3. Read online that Ram might not work even if they pertains to the same model.

Any inputs is very much appreciated.

Hi how about point 1 and 2?

And with regards to point 3 how will I know the ram is working? As long as it appears in my Control panel > system?

If your BIOS "sees" it, it's working. If you can boot the system to Windows, you're in decent shape. Run some stress tests and if those pass, you're golden.

Then, to see if you can control the RGB, if Link sees it.

• Corsair Employee
Hi how about point 1 and 2?

And with regards to point 3 how will I know the ram is working? As long as it appears in my Control panel > system?

For 1 and 2, can't really guarantee it as it's not how it's designed to be used nor tested.

No, it is a matched kit at 3200/C15. In theory, the Broadwell CPU has a better memory controller than my 5930K. You might be able to clock the 2666 kit up to 3200 and use that set of timings for both at 3200 MHz. However, this is always tricky and most X99 boards start to get a little twitchy with 4x8 in the 3000-3200 range. This can be very frustrating. I know memory costs and arm and a leg (and another arm) right now, but this may not be your best bet.

The lighting is a whole different story. It took a long time for everyone to get the lighting on two banks of memory to play together on X99. Using two different lighting types (LED and RGB), I have no idea what will happen. Presumably the goal would be to set the RGB to match the static color of the other, but I don't know how the control program will interpret the static pair.

• 1 month later...

Hi mjordan,

I currently own Corsair - Vengeance (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Black Heat Spreaders (White LED) and Corsair - Vengeance (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 White Heat Spreaders (RGB LED) and they work fine for me. I haven't run into any problems with them.

How it works in Corsair Link is, you can only group the RGB sticks together and not with the non-RGB sticks. Same applies to the non-RGB sticks, you can only group those together. For instance, I have my RGB sticks grouped together with a Rainbow Lighting Effect and my White LED Ram sticks grouped together with a Static effect.

I'm currently looking into whether or not Corsair - Vengeance (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 White Heat Spreaders (RGB LED) with work with a kit of Corsair - Vengeance (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Black Heat Spreaders (RGB LED). As I moved to a full RGB build I would like to swap out my White LED sticks. I am specifically curious about whether or not you can group all 4 together in Corsair Link for a Rainbow Wave Effect from left to right. If anyone has an idea or has this setup, a response would be great.

Hope this helps.

Archived