Corsair Community

H80 compatible with lian li pc-v1020?

Panopticon

I have a older lian li case that is a bit too small for the noctua dh15 so I was hoping to get similar performance from a h80. The case is a lian li pc-v1020.

It has a 120 rear fan but its a bit recessed so I am worried about compatibility with even a 120mm radiator like the h80. Anybody have any advice/experience with this case/cooler combo? (It also has a 140mm top fan but its impossible to mount a radiator on it without hitting the motherboard)

I have a older Lian Li case that is a bit too small for the noctua dh15 so I was hoping to get similar performance from a h80. The case is a Lian Li pc-v1020.

It has a 120 rear fan but its a bit recessed so I am worried about compatibility with even a 120mm radiator like the h80. Anybody have any advice/experience with this case/cooler combo? (It also has a 140mm top fan but its impossible to mount a radiator on it without hitting the motherboard)

I cannot claim direct experience.

I have the Lian Li PC-V1200plus and the Hydro H75 (2 fans). No problem installing the water cooler by replacing the rear fan.

If the rear fan in your case is slightly recessed, you may need longer mounting screw and some stand-off washers. At the Overclock.net, this 1020 owner installed one of the fan outside of the case.

http://cdn.overclock.net/e/e1/e15ab756_BigAL-1.jpeg

Archived