Corsair Community

Is this the best proper way hook up of water cooler H110i gt

ImtheBest

Hi everybody at corsair I got this new water cooler for Christmas the H110i gt before i get ready to hook this new one up i want to make sure i have everything correctly hooked up right with my other one. Just to check i have everything right hooked up and i will be getting the full power.

I have the H100i currently hooked up let me know if this is the right way please thank you. And if there is another way you prefer let me know. I also heard that should stay away from hooking up to the motherboard as it can result in damaging it. sonot sure if this is true but i was watching a guy on youtube hookeng it up.

SO i have the H100i fan connecters plugged in to the both the fans. And then i have the SATA peripheral cable thats hooked up to the water cooler in one of the power cablle SATA peripheral. Then on the left side of the H100i I have the one of the commander mini cables hooked up to the commander mini and that is plugged in to the USB on my motherboard.

• 4 weeks later...

I still need a bit of help.

first off will i be able to use the back bracket to the motherboard i had from the H100i is it the same

Also i know i asked this before just checking again. Is the preapplied thermal paste good or too much to me it will touch the sides of the bracket around the cpu.

And plugging the 3pin to the cpu header on your motherboard. will this damage it or should i use a 3pin to molax adapter. I was watching a video on youtube and the guy said he never plugging it in to hes motherboard again

The last can i one person install this how my i screw in the radiator on the top case and hold the watercooler block at the same time. I do have the motherboard installed with thye H100i on it still. And the pump is close to the back case fan using 750D case

Any help suggestions good pointers and ideas helpful and most appreciated

Thank you

• Corsair Employee
first off will i be able to use the back bracket to the motherboard i had from the H100i is it the same

H100i and H110i GT uses the same backplate.

Also i know i asked this before just checking again. Is the preapplied thermal paste good or too much to me it will touch the sides of the bracket around the cpu.

The pre-applied thermal compound on our Hydro coolers is "good".

And plugging the 3pin to the cpu header on your motherboard. will this damage it or should i use a 3pin to molax adapter. I was watching a video on youtube and the guy said he never plugging it in to hes motherboard again

Since you have the H110i GT, plug the single wire, 3-pin cable into your CPU_FAN header and make sure to plug the SATA cable into your power supply.

The last can i one person install this how my i screw in the radiator on the top case and hold the watercooler block at the same time. I do have the motherboard installed with thye H100i on it still. And the pump is close to the back case fan using 750D case

That's how I install our Hydro cooler in a case - mount radiator first inside the case then fasten the pump after.

That's how I install our Hydro cooler in a case - mount radiator first inside the case then fasten the pump after.

Thank's. how do i hold the water-block though while screwing in the radiator. I don't want it to drop on the motherboard if you know what i mean.

I'm putting it in this way since i have the Domminator ram and the fan s on top of the memory so i have to do it this way.

http://cwsmgmt.corsair.com/media/Blogs/h100i_install/H100iInstalled.jpg

This is how I installed mine. The screws go through the holes in the fans and fasten them between the grille of the case to the cooler. While mounting the radiator, I let the water block hang outside of the case.

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/d6/d6f9c22a_5.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f8/f8fbd43b_AcG9rou.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/df/df546ecd_20160220_184950.jpeg

Lay the case on it's side, then you can rest the pump inside the case while you screw the rad to the top of the case. The H110i GT doesn't have a connection for the Commander Mini (at least mine doesn't), you connect it to a USB 2 header.

Archived