Corsair Community

Connect fans

PowerV

I'm new to this so bare with me.

I've got an Corsair Graphite 600T case. Because I also have an AMD FX950 and a AMD Radeon HD7970 I've got some heat problems in my case. Therefore I bought a Corsair H100i. The fans to the cooling system is mounted on top of the case on the outside of it. When I play Black Ops 3 the Steam page gets all covered with what looks like an red filter. Because I think this has to do with overheating I bought 4 more fans and mounted them on the side mesh to the case. Here's my question. How do I connect these 4 fans to the motherboard or/and power supply? I bought a EKWB EK-Cable Splitter 4-Fan PWM Extend.

1 to 4 PWM Fan Splitter: 1x 4-Pin Molex, 4x 4-Pin PWM 300mm, 1x 4-Pin PWM 600mm. See the attached Picture of the cord. I connected the 4 connectors to the fans and the small connector to the moterboard to the Opt fan 1 connector. Were do I connect the largest connector? The way it is connected now want get the fans to spin.

0ccd6054-814a-46aa-9d37-57d79a0f5069.jpg.0cee55ba9cf8e3ca2f2d12e025c50104.jpg

The 4 pin single connector is your PWM control from the motherboard. You will be able to control the fans by using your BIOS or software fan control for that header. All 4 fans will run the same speed.

You need to check your power supply cable bag for a molex connector. It will have a molex bullet connector on one end and a compatible power supply connector on the other. It is possible your kit did not come with one. If that's true, take one of the SATA connectors from the bag and then you will need something like the photo below. It is typically called a SATA to Molex connector/adapter.

http://www.linuxappliance.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/s/a/sata_power_adapter.JPG

I am not sure about the red artifacts on your screen. It sounds like a GPU issue and it may be heat related, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm new to this so bare with me.

I've got an Corsair Graphite 600T case. Because I also have an AMD FX950 and a AMD Radeon HD7970 I've got some heat problems in my case. Therefore I bought a Corsair H100i. The fans to the cooling system is mounted on top of the case on the outside of it. When I play Black Ops 3 the Steam page gets all covered with what looks like an red filter. Because I think this has to do with overheating I bought 4 more fans and mounted them on the side mesh to the case. Here's my question. How do I connect these 4 fans to the motherboard or/and power supply? I bought a EKWB EK-Cable Splitter 4-Fan PWM Extend.

1 to 4 PWM Fan Splitter: 1x 4-Pin Molex, 4x 4-Pin PWM 300mm, 1x 4-Pin PWM 600mm. See the attached Picture of the cord. I connected the 4 connectors to the fans and the small connector to the moterboard to the Opt fan 1 connector. Were do I connect the largest connector? The way it is connected now want get the fans to spin.

There are 4 kinds of cooling fan connectors used as shown below:

http://media.bestofmicro.com/0/H/312353/original/molex-en.png

The small Molex with 4-pins is typical with most PWM fans. The splitter you have is doing it the right way by separating the sensor and PWM signals from the power source. You connect the small female Molex to the SYSFAN 4-pin header on the motherboard to control fan speed. Connect the large Molex to the power supply directly for fan power.

Archived