Corsair Community

Corsair H50

qdup

Hi, I own a few Corsair components and have had zero problems in the past with any Corsair product until now.

I purchased a Corsair H50 cooler and am finally trying to get it installed. In the compatibility info, it says it will fit LGA 1150, 1156, 775 and 1366 mother boards. I have a 1150 H97 board and the back plate holes will not line up with the holes on the MOBO. There are only 3 sets of different location holes in the back-plate and none line up. I went on other forum sites and I have read other situations like mine and I read differing opinions by other forum members about the fit issues. OK, what am I doing wrong here. If Corsair says it will work on a 1150 board then it should work. I can not send the cooler back because I have owned it over 30 days. Thank you for any help.

Maybe you have the AMD backplate with the cooler?Corsair spec's say that it will fit to the socket 775 aswell,but i had to make the holes larger to fit it to a 775,couse i couldn't find the separate backplate to purchase...If you look in the cooler's manual you will see there are different backplates for the AMD and another for Intel (socket 1150).Check what backplate you got with it.

Thanks for the reply. My cooler came with only 1 back plate. It has 3 different locations for different insert threaded pins. 775/1366/1156. I tried to find if Corsair sold a back plate for this cooler that would work for me. Nothing I could find.

Move the pins to 1156. it should align.

Take a look at this thread, it may help. (It's a Skylake one, but the install instructions are pretty much the same)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=804902

OK, thanks. I have read that it should work with the 1156 holes, but not really close. I also heard that 1155 and 1150 are the same, but 1156 is different. Lots of differing opinions on this. I emailed Corsair, but have yet to hear back from them about this issue.

I read the thread and see that they slanted the back plate in order to make it work. I didn't try that. Thought it looked wrong, as I sort of slanted it, but didn't really try to hard to see if it actually worked. Gave up to soon I guess. Thank for your help.

Archived