Corsair Community

Mounting H60i/H80i/H100i on LGA775?

Tech Tweaker

I noticed when trying to mount the backplate for an H60i/H80i/H100i on an LGA775 board that it is impossible to mount it in its stock condition (without modifying it).

Is there some way in which I can utilize an H60i/H80i/H100i on an LGA775 platform, say for instance using the stock backplate from an H60/H80/H100 cooler?

Personally, I think it was a mistake for Corsair to eliminate the Intel LGA775 socket from the compatible sockets list for their Hydro "i" series coolers at this point in time, given that it is still in use by many PC builders, owners, enthusiasts, and overclockers. Really it's not that much of a stretch of the imagination that there might be some people out there who run LGA775 and say own an H50/H60/H70, or run air cooling but want to try liquid cooling, but want to upgrade to a newer H80i or H100i.

I have been trying to find some more information on this topic and I second the OP opinion on LGA775 not being dead :cool:

I have not bought the H100i because of this (had the h50 back in the day but didn't like it much so I went the air way).

I know there is a bracket on sale on the corsair website but I don't think it can be used with the i series + I don't like the idea of the extra $15+shipping to EU.

I would like to know what corsair thinks on this - we all know that Swiftech in it's equivalent h220 does provide LGA775 support.

• Corsair Employee

The stock backplate that comes with the I series cooler will not have the support for socket 775, if you look closely, its not listed under socket support. http://www.corsair.com/en/cpu-cooling-kits/hydro-series-water-cooling-cpu-cooler/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

You can Purchase the older bracket kit for the H80/H100, that kit will support socket 775.

The stock backplate that comes with the I series cooler will not have the support for socket 775, if you look closely, its not listed under socket support. http://www.corsair.com/en/cpu-cooling-kits/hydro-series-water-cooling-cpu-cooler/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

You can Purchase the older bracket kit for the H80/H100, that kit will support socket 775. .

I was well aware it was not on the supported sockets list.

Not my fault, you see, because it was what Corsair sent me to replace my defective unit. I didn't realize they would send me something that doesn't even fit my board/socket.

So, I was kind of hoping that 775 not being listed was a typo, I didn't realize Corsair had made it physically impossible to fit an "i" series cooler to socket 775 with the included hardware. Kind of weird Corsair chose to limit their customer base by eliminating support for a large sector of the market.

I was actually excited to try out one of the newer "i" series coolers, up until I found out it didn't fit.:sigh!:

So, what are my chances of actually being approved and being sent the missing part if I submit an RMA request? Last time I made a similar request for a missing/broken part Corsair insisted I pay more money and buy it, and flat out refused to send me the part I needed without paying more money.

You have to remember the market isn't moving backwards. It's no real surprise that they wouldn't support systems 5 generations old anymore.

So, what are my chances of actually being approved and being sent the missing part if I submit an RMA request? Last time I made a similar request for a missing/broken part Corsair insisted I pay more money and buy it, and flat out refused to send me the part I needed without paying more money.

Just submit an RMA and let them know what happened is all you need to do. Really it would be best if you could call them. That would be the fastest way to get your brackets. I'm sure they will send you what you need.

• Corsair Employee
Kind of weird Corsair chose to limit their customer base by eliminating support for a large sector of the market.

Not really, but by all means go ahead and send the request and we'll send you the bracket that supports socket 775.

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, i ordered the H100i from PCCASEGEAR.COM in australia after they said they would supply the LGA775 bracket for the older cpus, as im fitting it to my Q9550, one question, it has arrived with the LGA775 bracket, however which spacer screws do i use, the ones for the LGA1155/56 or the LGA2011?

Thanks again

Fantastic, thanks heaps, ill be trying this in a couple of days when i have some time, fitting it to a Silverstone TJ-07 Case up the top with a little modding, cant wait!

Also bought a Corsair Neutron GTX to go with my Corsair Force GT and Force GS, great products guys, keep up the top work!

If you are trying to mount an i series cooler on your 775 motherboard the problem will not be with the 775 backplate. It will be with the capacitors close to the CPU socket.

Corsair made the CPU block so big that it overhangs the CPU socket. Chances are that it will hit any capacitor that is taller than the CPU socket and touches the white X pattern CPU outline preventing it for being completely screwed down.

Trust me, I installed my H80i first on my 775 board and it hit the capacitors above the socket. A few mm of capacitors ended up under the block preventing me from completely screwing down the block as it was bending the board. Every other 775 board I have seen have the same capacitors above the CPU socket very close to the white outline.

Users need to state what model motherboard they are trying to fit this on as it may work for some 775 boards but not all. I can ensure the i series cooler will not secure properly to an Abit ip35 board.

Hi,

I just purchased an H100i (as yet unopened) and have found this thread. I have ordered a new backplate to mount to the LGA775 Socket and I have received an notice this was sent today (many thanks for prompt action once my request was reviewed). However, I am concerned that I may not be able to mount the water block on the 775 socket due to resistors per Specter's comment. Can you tell me if it will fit? I want to make sure I can install this before opening the box. Your advice would be much appreciated.

Here is a picture of the socket layout:

1766_p3_9.jpg.08d0ad903e1da66e6f5f140e22ae225c.jpg

If you by chance have a board with capacitors close to the socket, usually turning the cooling head 90degrees one way or the other will alllow the cooling block to fit.

This only affected a small amount of the socket 775Mb's so yous hould be just fine with the new cooler. The caps only come into play if you place the hoses on that side. So in your case you would want the hoses on the left side of the socket according to your PIC.

If you by chance have a board with capacitors close to the socket, usually turning the cooling head 90degrees one way or the other will alllow the cooling block to fit.

This only affected a small amount of the socket 775Mb's so yous hould be just fine with the new cooler. The caps only come into play if you place the hoses on that side. So in your case you would want the hoses on the left side of the socket according to your PIC.

Thanks, I'll try installing once I get the backplate hardware. If I run into trouble I will post here. Otherwise, thanks for the help Peanutz.

Thanks, I'll try installing once I get the backplate hardware. If I run into trouble I will post here. Otherwise, thanks for the help Peanutz.

As Peanutz stated it will fit if you install it normally with the hoses on the right side by the memory modules.

It took me a while to understand your picture was upside-down :laughing:.

The problem I faced were those 2 capacitors grouped together at the top of the board. On my Abit IP 35 Pro, they actually touched the white line but your capacitors are further up so you have more than enough clearance. :cool:

Hello,

I am also buying the h100i, and I want to know if it will fit on my mobo (GA-X48T-DQ6). I kind of have a lot of capacitators around so in doubt it but asking never hurts.

Also, what kind of fans do h100i have by deafult. I looked at specifications and it it noted that original fans produce 37.68 Dba. I am wondering if i could keep the noise down by setting up 4 AF120 Quiet Edition (21DBa) in pull push regime.

One more thing: Fiting 4 SP120 High Performance Edition powering on 7V, would that be anywhere near performance/noise of the AF120 Quiet Edition.

Thany you in advance

• 6 months later...

I managed to fit my H100i on my LGA775 motherboard (GA-G33M-DS2R) with the backplate for an H60/H80/H100.

Had to mount the block with the hoses facing towards the bottom of the board for it to fit, with them coming out the side near the memory slots the block ended up resting on the capacitors and not making full contact with the CPU (in my case it only made contact with about 1/4th of the CPU).

So, it is possible with the H80i/H100i with a different backplate. I don't know about the H90 or H110 though.

DSCN2944.thumb.JPG.5a12618d0c899dfa7eec94b0494c3ae3.JPG

• 1 year later...
I have a question, currently I use standard air cooler that came with the PC with socket LGA775, it's ASUS with 4 mounting screws (indicating an existing back plate unlike the stock Intel cooler), does this mean I can use this back plate to install the pump since it's also installed with 4 mounting screws and no need to order another back plate to be compatible with the LGA775 socket ???, I was planning to get the H60, the old one was compatible through this link http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series-h60-cpu-cooler I'm not sure what are the differences between it and the new one here http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series-h60-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

• 7 months later...

Corsair Dustin and RAM GUY said that Corsair no longer supports LGA775 socket. I understand that.

I Goggled "Corsair liquid cooling Socket 775" and found 2 reviews of the Corsair H75 in early 2014. Thinking it is new enough before I ordered the cooling kit.

Corsair Hydro Series H75 Liquid CPU Cooler Review

Corsair H75 CPU Cooler Review - Hardware Secrets

Both review showed the H75 comes with a bracket backplate that supported LGA775 and showed picture of the backplate. I understand that Corsair can change its product any time.

My question is whether I can order the old backplate as replacement part? What parts number do I use? If I will have to pay for it, how much?

Do you have the H75?

If so, see;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asetek-Liquid-Cooler-Intel-LGA775-Retention-Ring-Kit-/280938268278

It should work, but i cannot guarantee it. So it will be best to research more or possibly ask Asetek.

I have a Corsair Hydro H75 sitting on the bench waiting for a LGA775 solution.

I would suspect it cannot cost Corsair more than 25 cents to include a second backplate for the 775. Now, the end user has to pay an extra $10? It does not make sense no matter how small the 775 customer base is. BTW, I have no reason to upgrade because the core 2 Quad Q9550 does not take a back seat to most i5 CPU and is very stable OC.

I am waiting for a reply from Corsair support. Thank you for the Asetek item link.

Archived