Corsair Community

Toggle Lighting Effects During Macro?

I've seen some similar threads but I can't seem to figure this out based on the responses in those threads. I'm not sure if the software version was different at the time or what.

I have a macro bound to one of the side keys on my Scimitar. The macro simply repeats the same keypress endlessly until pressed again, so it's a toggle macro.

I figured out how to create lighting effects that flash the side keys of the Scimitar different colors, but I'd like this to only happen while the macro mentioned previously is toggled on. Is there a way to do this with the current CUE software and a Scimitar?

Set the start action to on key pressed and stop action to key press, first press will start the lighting effect and second press will turn it off, just set the effect to the key used for the macro.

I currently use this for warning flashes when i have capslock on and when i have numlock off. If the lighting effect ever gets flipped for whatever reason just toggle to basic and back (or swap profiles back and forth) and it will reset it.

This trick only works for single key macros however, not sure how to do it for macros that trigger when multiple keys are pressed at the same time (like alt+x for example).

• 1 year later...

hello same thing here, I have a macro that toggles pressing a key, and I wanted to make a lightning that flashes and chages the color of the key so I knw if its toggled or not, but when I select lighting in that start setting I cant add or says none, sorry new to this

47284444_297605840879993_6682385898966876160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeFfSjYzaJZovzPUN62BUnbAHCS3UpdtM8yVQ_2cFBwIIY-7CKibvG9jr4A-gqMG6A67VuEoJjUpRuQPxoBf9d1mQn_0acRNn0vvaWOXdJ9zpQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fcgy1-1.fna&oh=ed9ee7dca4ec288cdd659bbd3eaa2f71&oe=5CAB404C

• 2 weeks later...

Archived