Corsair Community

900D and 750D question about the aluminum

Sohaim

Hello, i live close by the sea which means things made of iron or steel tend to get rust real fast, so i need to replace my current HAF 932 that almost is 100% rusted, and in brazil the only good options for my money seem to be the 900D or the 750D, so here comes the big question, are they really mainly made with Aluminum to protect the steel? or its just some parts that are covered/made with aluminum? also if any owners of either of these cases could post your thoughts on them i would be very thankfull and it would be very helpfull, Thanks everyone.

PS: is it east to buy extra dust filters for these cases?

Just some parts are made of aluminum, specifically the front fascia. Honestly, you're likely to run into the same rusting problem with these cases. One of the only companies that makes all aluminum cases is Lian Li, that may be a route you need to go.

oh god, are you a 100% sure? the inside is not made of aluminum? nor the areas with the coolers? thats bad, aside from Corsair the only other High end case in brazil are CM,Thermaltek, NZXT and there is ONE very expensive case from Silverstone, importing is out of question ;/, nvm youre a corsair employee, i just saw your tag ;/, can you check if the parts that have coolers pulling air are made/covered with Aluminum, my current case has no dust filter and that helped to reach this point, if the some key parts are made/protected with aluminum it would be good enough.

• Corsair Employee
Like I said, really only the front panels of these cases are made of aluminum, the rest of the body is steel or plastic. You can see if the 750D Airflow Edition would work since the intake and dust filter in the front are plastic and aluminum, but I honestly can't make any guarantees.

Archived