Corsair Community

Obsidian 750D CPU cooler install

Yash1699

I currently have a Corsair 750D and I have a hyper 212 evo and I am going to buy a H110IGTX cpu cooler and I dont know if I should have the fans pulling air in or pushing air out and it has been bugging me out for the past week!I literally cannot sleep!!! At the moment I have two af140 in the front even though I think i should change it to SP?(advice?) and have two af120 at the top pushing air out and one af140 on the rear. please help me Should I have air pulling air out or in through the radiators and plus I have hdd cages behind my two front fans which disrupt the airflow! i need to some proffesional help or any help.. I cant sleep!!!!! :(

In a standard shape tower, most people are better off with the radiator fans exhausting air out of the case. The benefit of using the cooler as an intake is the potential use of slightly cooler air from outside the case, leading to slightly cooler CPU temperatures. However, the trade-off is the warmer air coming off the radiator is then moved into the case. Radiator exhaust is typically 5-10-15C over ambient room temperature, depending upon CPU load (or whatever the H110 is cooling). This leads to temperature increases for all internal components - memory, motherboard, RAM, GPU(s), etc. Most people have considerable safety room in their day to day CPU temperatures. A +10C increase in all other internal components may be less desirable, particularly in low CPU load, high GPU load scenarios like gaming.

The secondary issue would be in case air management. With a H110 in the roof as an intake, you would be faced with having the rear 140mm fan as the only exhaust point in the system. That is likely to lead to higher component temperatures across the board. I don't know if the H110 will fit in the front of a 750, but if you were determined to use it as intake, that might be the better location, with top and rear exhaust. However, it would also force you to run the intake fans on the radiator at higher than needed speeds to force air into the case. The typical front intake, roof radiator exhaust, rear exhaust set-up is the only one that will allow you run the radiator fans at the slowest speed needed in accordance with CPU temperature, while the front and rear fans can be adjusted for system air flow. Whatever fans are on the radiator will always be the loudest because of the obstruction in the air path. Most people will be happier in they don't need to run the radiator fans hard.

As for the front 140's, with cages you might benefit from a pair of SP140 LED fans (or something similar). It's possible the flatter blade design will push more air through the drives, although I suspect only the drives will really benefit. I would not expect a substantial difference in overall system temperatures switching from AF to SP, but without a 750D I am guessing based on similar cases I have used. I have found AF140's to be more susceptible to intake restriction, rather than exhaust. I don't know which of the 750D models you have, but others with the case may have more insight into the front fans options. If front air intake is a problem, taking steps to eliminate or relocate drives may provide the largest gains.

I have the 750D Airflow and I found the best temps with the rad at the top blowing out and all other fans including the rear blowing in to give the rad more pressure behind the fans. I also have thick filter material on the front and back fans so there is no dust collecting on the inside of the case and there is no chance of blocking the rad with dust. It's far easier to clean the fan filters weekly than it is to clean the rad plus you don't get dust filling the window of the case. Actually I use Vornado Air Purifier Carbon Pre-Filter 2 pack and then cut the sheets to fit in the front panel and on the back fan.

Depending on how many HDDs that you are using, you can remove the HDD drive cages and install one or two fans on the floor of the 750D. You can then screw at least one of the cages to the underside of the 5.25" cage and, of course you can mount up to 4 SSD drives on the back of the case. This will allow you to use the CPU water cooler as an exhaust and continue th use the top rear fan as an exhaust so you won't have to filter it.

Well I have one SSD which is at the back and A HDD in on the bottom which I will attach to the 5.25" cages when I purchase my new power supply. Personally I do not overclock my CPU but I wish could but I don't know how. I just like to play games and use my pc for work but I also want to keep it clean and tidy and get the coolest temperatures I can get since my PC is something I built and I am very proud of since its was my first pc build. Kennethtyler I notice you have a 750D airflow where the front of your case is more open. I have the standard 750D which has the front bezel panel and restricts alot of air, would it be possible if I buy a 750D airflow intake front panel and fit it on my standard 750D and still use the fan filter which comes with my case and it will fit my case? (sorry about the long paragraph) plus If I was too have a radiator and have air push out should I keep the roof filter on or take it off to let more air out of the case?

another thing I forgot to mentioned is that I live in england as you could probably guess the temperature isnt hot especially during winter. Average tempertures are between 10 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius and the hottest temperture it will get here is belown 30 degrees celsius. Sometimes especially during winter I have the heating will be turned on to around 19 - 21 degrees celsius and my room is at the top. Sometimes when the heating is not I will open both windows and the tempertures drops alot and I use to be able to tell by my old pc case which has a temperature display, it used to drop 5 degrees as soon as I open my windows during winter. Thank you for giving me tips since I am still learning about pc,s.

Depending on how many HDDs that you are using, you can remove the HDD drive cages and install one or two fans on the floor of the 750D. You can then screw at least one of the cages to the underside of the 5.25" cage and, of course you can mount up to 4 SSD drives on the back of the case. This will allow you to use the CPU water cooler as an exhaust and continue th use the top rear fan as an exhaust so you won't have to filter it.

I'm not sure this will work because of the heat from hard drive use 5.25 to 3.5 drive bay adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=5.25+to+3.5+Drive+Bay+Adapter&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Or with HDD drive cages taken out mount HDD on the bottom of the case next to the front fans and if you have enough room add another intake fan between P/S and HHD.

I'm not sure you look at front fans without the filter attach I'm going do some cutting on my next case.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149745

check out attachments.

If you mount the hard drive cage to the underside of the 5.25 cage the HDD's still get cooling from the top fan. I am currently using an Icy Box 4 into 3 drive bay, it holds 4 HDDs and mounts into 3 5.25" slots. I has its own fan for cooling. Handy if you don't use an optical drive or if you have 4 5.25" slots.

Overclocking isn't difficult, as long as you have an unlocked CPU (usually something with a K on the end for Intel) and it can extend the useful life of your CPU (rather than the actula life) by putting off the necessity to upgrade. I'm currently running a 3570K overclocked to 4.3 Ghz and it still works fine for games and the other things that I use my computer for. I've had it now for over 2 years and after doing quite a bit of research, concluded that an upgrade to Skylake would cost me more than the gains were worth. However, it produces more heat, so iit's your choice.

Congratulations on joining the growing number of us who have built our own computers and are proud of them. I always get a sense of satisfaction when I switch a new build on and it works (assuming that it does, of course).

Why thank you its amazing having built a computer and just owning one and looking at it. When I mean attatch the HDD cage to 5.25 I meant underneath it using the screw. I just want the radiator on the top and not the front since I wouldn't prefer to have it there. but is it possible to have a corsair 750D airflow edition front panel and replace my standard front panel? I might also chuck in a fan on the bottom blowing air in and Ill have to look at some fan filters aswell unless corsair have made some for it already. but what is this Vornado Air Purifier Carbon Pre-Filter 2? and how does it work

kennethylers pc spec, Yeah I was thinking about that but Im a bit puzzled to what you mean by remove the top screen?. I how ever got in contact with a person who creates modded parts for pc and he has agreed to creating a custom 750D front panel with will have a middle part cut out with a mesh filter on the front

I have decided to not have a custom front panel made since the guy who would of been creating it lives in a different country and will take longer to mail it and probably cost a bit more as well as the fact I do not want to spend any money since I am saving up for a h100iGTX(finally chosen). I will how be looking to buy just a standard aiflow edition front panel in the future. Kida39 yes, that is also another question which has not been answered too. I have decided that my radiator fan will be pushing air out of the case and as you know on top of 750D is magnetic fan filter do I leave it on even though it will restrict air from being exhausted or take it off. I do want to have a nice looking case as the fan filter looks nice but I am willing to take it off just for a cooler temperature and better airflow or could I cut holes for the fans would be? On the airflow 750D it does not have a fan filter so if I were to put a airflow front panel on my standard 750D which has a fan filer it would fit right since I need to know so I do not want to waste money buying one and not being able to return it after.

I was having a custom front panel in plan from a guy who creates custom stuff but I've decided to cancel it since it will take a long time for postage as well saving up for a cpu cooler. I will how purchase a standard airflow edition front panel since I have just found it it does fit the 750D standard but I will purchase later into the future. I was having trouble with choosing cpu cooler(h110iGTX OR H100IGTX) but have decided on the h100igtx since I can use a sp120 fan with rings on it whereas If I chose a h110iGTX I would have to use sp140 with the led(not as great) but annoying since corsair does not make sp140 with rings since they are in high demand!!!plus I wanted to use all the space that my case would support for a radiator but I will just have to go with h100iGTX. I have decided my radiator configuration will be pushing air out and as you know on top of a corsair 750D is a magnetic mesh(thank you kida39) should I leave it on even though air will be pushing out(would be stupid to leave it on) or should I take it off to let more air out and get a better temperature even though I still want the better aesthetics.

Try it with the filter on and off and see what difference it makes to the temps.

Personally I had an H110i GT (not GTX) with the standard fans mounted in the top of my 750D and also, subsequently, in the top of my 730T, it worked brilliantly. The fans had neither rings nor LEDs.

Sadly, my new case doesn't have room for a 280mm rad so I had to switch to a 240mm.

Archived