Corsair Community

900d internal dimensions

excalibrax

What is the distance from the top of the case where the fans attach on the radiator to the bar that the hard drives attach to?

I am basically trying to see If I can fit in push/pull fans with a radiator on top and a 300m reservoir, without dipping into the bottom of the case. Let me Know, thank you.

Sorry about the ambiguity, found some pictures and thought I'd mark them up for the two dimensions I'm curious about, and what I'm trying to do. I'm seeing a few people mount their pump to the HDD mounting above the side panel. I'm going to order a custom radiator as 240mm is a little small, but 400mm is way to big, I'm thinking I might be able to squeeze just under a 300mm reservoir.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/excalibrax/900d_distance_zpscb401347.jpg

Basically I'm trying to see about how much room I have to do this. I still need room to route my loop and fittings, so I'll be safe, but I know its at least 260mm, if not more.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/excalibrax/900d_side_draw_zpse611628c.jpg

Also looking for this distance between the fan mounts. I'm pretty sure there is not room for a pump with fans on each side, and fan shroud on one side of the radiator. So I'm just curious on this one.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/excalibrax/front_zps984e6836.jpg

on slow internet for a few days so won't be able to watch That seems a little small The second and third measurements..The first freshman in 480-110 should equal 370 so think that it would be closer to least 300 mm. I also 145 mm across the bottom of the case seems a bit little small as well are you sure it is not small?

Ok, We still have some communication issues. Since you're primarily interested in the lower front of the case, here are two more images of that area. Perhaps you can identify the features you want measurement of.

With upper hard drive cage platform removed:

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/9048/capture00444.th.jpg

With it in place:

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/2052/capture00445.th.jpg

on slow internet for a few days so won't be able to watch That seems a little small The second and third measurements..The first freshman in 480-110 should equal 370 so think that it would be closer to least 300 mm. I also 145 mm across the bottom of the case seems a bit little small as well are you sure it is not small?

The measurement from the fan mount on the roof of the case to the top of the hard drive cage installed on the floor of the case is 500mm, (assuming the upper drive cage mount is removed.)

The 145mm is only the width of the opening for the front fans. I'd need to know more about the location you're interested in to give the correct measurement. Please mark up on of the images, so I get get you the information you need.

Thank you so much for your support so far, I've always loved corsair and you guys have been awesome.

I've marked up some more images that should be make things easier to understand. So Point A is the Fan mount on the roof of the case and Point B is the top of the Bar that separates the top portion from the bottom portion.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/excalibrax/900d_distance_zps09e15f49.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/excalibrax/900dintpointb_zps20fdb027.png

Point C is the Fan mount on the bottom side panel, and Point D is its brother the opposite side fan mount on the bottom side panel. It is these two measurements I am interested in.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/excalibrax/900dbot_zps85af3593.jpg

I am not sure I will be able to go hog wild and push/pull with 1 shroud and also put a power supply in the space at the bottom which is why I'm asking about point C and D, which is fine, I'm just testing the limitations of the case :).

thank you for your response. exactly the places I needed. this should help anyone looking at reservoir mounting and pump placement. Seems like best place to put a pump is on that he mounting bracket for hdd at point b.

• Corsair Employee

deees,

Thank you for taking the time to post those answers and I have added you to my friends list if there is ever anything you need or want please let me know by PM.

And this thread be stuck! Great Thread!:cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a little confused by his question and the answers that were given. So, let me ask my question.

How much approximate space is available above a standard ATX motherboard and the top inside of the case? The answer to that will let me order a rad that will fit when I get my 900D.

How much approximate space is available above a standard ATX motherboard and the top inside of the case?

I don't have a ATX motherboard, but my EATX RIVE should be the same as an ATX in that dimension. I measure 108mm from the top edge of the motherboard to the bottom surface of the fan mounts. See pic.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8311/kafd.jpg

Hmmm, that may be a problem for the 80mm rad I was thinking of buying. I'm thinking more and more that it may be a good idea for me to get the 900D in my hands and do some in-person measuring before I start ordering watercooling parts for it.

Thanks for the reply.

Make sure you're checked out this video as well:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b3EwprglnU&feature=player_embedded&t=3009

Thanks, I watched the entire 101 minute video. It appears as you and one other person indicated, that I've got 108-110mm of space to work with.

Quick question. How did you get the link you provided to start 50 minutes into the video?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Just got my 900D in this past weekend. This will be my first water cooling rig with separately purchased parts. It's also my first case with a window in the side and I'm already encountering a few problems.

1) Got a cat and bare floors with dust and stuff. Already I'm getting dust and hair sticking to the statically charged window. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Anti-static spray of some type? Or perhaps, some other solution?

2) Second question. The bottom in the base has really stiff hinges. Can they be loosened up or maybe loosen up on their own? The door also opens on its own with the slightest bump to the case. Is there a way to increase the holding power that keeps the door closed? I'll be removing the outer part of the door to expose the grill beneath it which may fix the problem, but I haven't actually gotten to that part yet.

Appreciate any suggestions.

• 1 month later...
On a separate note (yes I made a thread)...but those looking to mount an ax1200 or ax1200i cannot do so with all 5 hdd cages...(specifically the one adjacent to the PS), hope that helps someone looking to make a server. Would think it would be obvious for them to test, but I guess not.

• 2 weeks later...
My eyes are mistaken or are you having a Noctua NH-D14 on this picture? Meaning it fits inside the 900D ?

That's actually a Thermalright Silver Arrow. It's even taller that the NH-D14. The NH-D14 I have in a 650D is about 180mm, (to the top of the heat-pipe), off the motherboard tray. The fan over the ram heat-sinks are probably the determining factor. With the NH-D14 the 120mm fan with Dominator memory is about ~185mm.

In the 900D, I’m running Mushkin, (because Corsair doesn’t make enough low profile memory:[pouts:) The top of the 140mm is about 195mm. The heat-tubes are around 190mm. (Again, measured from the motherboard tray,) The possible variation between the two cases would be the height of the standoff, and both look identical.

The upper limit for heatsink to motherboard tray looks around 215mm, (it’s a hard to measure with the door closed. The 900D is roomy, but not quite large enough for me to stand inside. For that you’ll need to wait for the 1200D:roll:.

To answer your question; yes, the NH-D14 will fit in the 900D

Hi,

I bought myself a 900D and went with the same reservoir and pump you did and have a few questions.

From what I can see, the only way to get the EK-RES X3 into the case is my drilling holes between the 2 rows of cable routing.... Unless of course you get the EK-UNI..

As for the PUMP, many did install it in the lower HDD cage area instead of at the bottom. I presume there is no advantage of doing this other than it looks better that way. Now, I did unmount the hard drive case and there are no holes there to mount the pump and it is unclear from the pictures what most people did.. Are you using VELCRO? Or did you actually drill holes on the HDD cage railing in order to mount your pump there??

• 2 weeks later...
As for the PUMP, many did install it in the lower HDD cage area instead of at the bottom. I presume there is no advantage of doing this other than it looks better that way. Now, I did unmount the hard drive case and there are no holes there to mount the pump and it is unclear from the pictures what most people did.. Are you using VELCRO? Or did you actually drill holes on the HDD cage railing in order to mount your pump there??

I'll be installing a single reservoir and pump similar to this image. In fact, I'll be raising it up a little bit so more of the pump is viewable through the window ~ because it looks good. And, another reason to put the pump there is that my radiator will be at the bottom. It will be my reservoir draining into the pump which will feed into the radiator. I'll have to make brackets to hold the reservoir and another one to raise and attach the pump.

548519923_900dPump.thumb.jpg.9266fbb4d8ff084530aec41dbc7f6651.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived